SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Against popular opinion (as I usually go
) I decided to have a go with the lug nut covers everybody gave a big thumbs down to. Like I said they came in chrome ... and I already had them on order so I figured "what the hay"? It's completely reversable andf if I hate it, I'm out 20 bucks and some time ... big deal. I chose to go with gloss black to carry on with my "sinister" or "menacing" theme

For all the time I spent (once again sanding and painting
) it is actually much more subtle than I would have hoped ... but still, me likey

For all you nay-sayers out there, I visited my dealer yesterday and guess what I saw in a genuine Volvo accessory pack??? ... Give up???

That's right fellas, genuine Volvo CHROME LUG NUT COVERS! ... I almost took a pic with my phone cam, but was afraid the parts guy would throw me out

Anyway, Here's the before:

... and the after:

If you hate 'em, say so ... I think they're nifty, so they stay

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Re: Lug Nut Covers ... bwahahaha (ForceReconTrojan)

I think they look fine.

I bought my spacers and lugs from VpTuning. I bought my lug nut covers a few days later and found that they don't fit. The bolt heads of the lugs that I got were smaller than the stock lugs.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (nikhsub1)

Quote, originally posted by nikhsub1 »
I like it! But damn your read end looks hella jacked up!

Haha, I think that is because of the angle I snapped the photos at
. I wanted to get a fully saturated, high-res shot from really close range, but needed to make sure you could see inside the lug holes. I had my cam on a tripod about knee-high ... check it out, you can see the inside of my HEADLINER in those shots

FRT, you mean I got jipped
??? Mine came with nothing, but the dealer swapped the wheels over from bright silver to Ti for me for free, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

steamboatsig, what size do you need??? I have some 17's just lying around from my Benz ... let me know if you want 'em.

I have emassed a REALLY LARGE spare parts bin

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: Lug Nut Covers ... bwahahaha (Quick Brick)

Quote, originally posted by Quick Brick »
<snip> For all you nay-sayers out there, I visited my dealer yesterday and guess what I saw in a genuine Volvo accessory pack??? ... Give up???

That's right fellas, genuine Volvo CHROME LUG NUT COVERS! ... I almost took a pic with my phone cam, but was afraid the parts guy would throw me out

Lookin' good!
PS - Go back to the dealer and show them your rusty nuts (insert joke here) and they will give you a set of the "Genuine Volvo Lug Nut Covers" absolutely free - it's their answer to the dreaded but predictable & ever present rusty lug... http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Re: (Quick Brick)

Thanks, but I took the easy route and painted them black. I decided not to spend another dime on this car. My new money pit is my Tundra.

BTW, does anyone else have chips in the lug nut holes from the damn air guns?

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (steamboatsig)

I think they look great Quick Brick.

I was going to do the lug nut covers, but I have 19mm stock bolts in front, and 17mm extended bolts in back.

I'll totally take you up on your offer of the smaller ones quick brick, IM me if you are cool with that, I'll pay the shipping via PayPal.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Re: Lug Nut Covers ... bwahahaha (bschurr)

Quote, originally posted by bschurr »

...Go back to the dealer...it's their answer to the dreaded but predictable & ever present rusty lug...

The plastic caps are actually Volvo's answer to the rusty lug studs (under warranty). Chrome plated lug studs are still available at $27.41/package of ten studs.

If you prefer the chrome plastic caps, we have them in stock at $10.65/package of twenty.

John Sharisky

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Lug Nut Covers ... bwahahaha (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
What size lug covers are they George?

They would have to be 19's to go over the standard lugs ... and who is George
?

... and thanx basscotte. Not all of my mods will be subtle
, but it is definetly the little details that make any car look really put together.

·
Registered
231 Posts

I like the look, its all about being personal, what works for you, I filled my R's on my wheels, I liked it and thats what counts.
Graham

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Lug Nut Covers ... bwahahaha (GrahamsV70R)

Quote, originally posted by GrahamsV70R »
... I filled my R's on my wheels ...

Haha, I never noticed that ... I had to go to your page again and check it out. Hopefully I can see them in person on Saturday

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

My dealer gave me a set of 20 plastic (cheap) chrome covers....but the sure look better than my old rusted out ones.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Very nice Quick. It helps darken the wheels even more!

Has anyone ever thought of a black racing stripe along the bottom, right above the cladding?
I have had several guys (some with nice cars) mention that they think it would look really nice with the sonic blue...maybe even the red or silver?

·
Registered
231 Posts

You will , unless its sunny and i might have the Jag out.
G.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Eric_H)

Quote, originally posted by Eric_H »
Has anyone ever thought of a black racing stripe along the bottom, right above the cladding?
I have had several guys (some with nice cars) mention that they think it would look really nice with the sonic blue...maybe even the red or silver?

Hehe, once again, something in the works
... Not ready for prime time yet. I still need to kick the snot out of your sunglass holder mod before moving along to more exterior stuff

If the price quoted above by Parts @ Boston Volvo are correct, that's way less than I paid for mine ... make yourself a set. Subtle but worth the trouble IMHO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.