438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i ordered some parts this past week

-trunk mat
-tailight
-bike rack

when the stuff came i really wasnt expecting so much cardboard

that huuge box is at least 5' x 5' and all it had inside was a tiny trunk mat

that other huge box had just the talight inside (it was in its own tiny box)

the slender box had a bike rack, that seems pretty reasonable but ihavent opened it yet to see how big the bike rack actually is

all boxes had an insane amt of paper padding inside as well

i order a lot of products online and i thought i'd seen every type of packaging i could ever see. but this has got to be the most inefficient shipping job ever!

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (GetDown)

That looks like standard volvo shipping boxes haha. We get trunk mats all the time and im always looking for them because i always forget they come in the largest box imaginable lol.

You should see when they ship us bumper covers haha. Its a U shaped box thats a freakin jig saw puzzle to put together

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: (ForceFed Motorsports)

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »
That looks like standard volvo shipping boxes haha. We get trunk mats all the time and im always looking for them because i always forget they come in the largest box imaginable lol.

You should see when they ship us bumper covers haha. Its a U shaped box thats a freakin jig saw puzzle to put together

Haha. When I got my car, they didn't have mats in stock and had to order them. Two days later, they called me to come and pick them up.

Go to the dealer, walk over to the parts department and ask for my mats. The cabin mats are in plastic baggies, and they give those to me and tell me I have to wait a few minutes for the trunk mat, because they seem to have misplaced the box.

So I go and lean against this huugge cardboard box that is sitting outside the parts room and waited for 20 minutes. They come back to me and tell me that they lost them and will need to re-order. So I pick up my other mats and as I do so, I read the huge box, and low and behold, it has my name on it. Lol. They rip it open and there is my trunk mat!

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (vivek9856)

Haha thats awesome, you look in the box and its the thinest mat too but apparently they dont want to crease it

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »

Yeah, when I ordered my C30 lip the box was HUGE. And they even standard overnited it to me for the regular freight cost, that had to be expensive...

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (carreragt7)

Probably but the dealer makes up for it when they charge twice the cost of the parts they sell lol.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

I actually got the part for way below list. It is nice to have a few people at dealerships that are willing to hook a brother up every now and then. I don't remember the price I paid, but I know that the guy didn't have a very big profit margin, he is just a big supporter of enthusiasts and loved my idea of converting it to fit on our cars. And the part was dropshipped straight from Volvo to save the extra hassle of shipping it twice, so it was really Volvo who overnighted it to me.
They were just sharing the Luv, or whatever their new ad campaign is.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (carreragt7)

i got the parts from http://www.myswedishparts.com as they had the best prices

just like the others said, they were drop shipped directly from volvo (some headquarters in GA i think) to my place. i was charged for standard shipping but the parts were sent to me via 2day air.

i'm really surprised that dealerships can get volvo to drop ship packages directly to the consumer. it explains the fast shipping since expedited shipments are a standard practice with most businesses. this is probably why they had the best prices as other places i've ordered from shipped from their own inventory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.