SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a C70 convertible and would like some opinions about the perfromance of the LPT as compared to the T5 engine in my other 70-series cars. It seems like most of the low mileage cars for sale recently have the LPT engine.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well I don't know how it compares to the t5 in other models, but if I had to do it again I would hold out for the hpt. I had the lpt in mine and I drove one of the hpt verts when mine got rearended and I thought they were going to total it. It was a huge difference. I test drove a t5 s60 too and that was much quicker also.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
A stock LPT is slow. A tuned LPT has loads of torque. I love my LPT but I would like to test drive a HPT.
My LPT walked a new T6 recently. I mean walked.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have a 2006 (all LPT) and a 2001 HPT. The HPT is much more powerful on the open highway. However it has significantly more lag, and is boggy off the line, especially on a hot day with AC.

Basically the LPT drives like a naturally aspirated 3.0 V6. The HPT drives like a tuned 2.5L turbo 4.

I like the LPT for stop and go as it is much more satisfying, and really love the HPT out on the open road.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Or you could have the best of both worlds and but an LPT, swap in a 16T, and throw in either a corresponding T5 ECU or ARD Green tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts