SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just need feedback on how happy you are with your lower springs.

which do you have? are these stiffer then stock?

reason i ask is because i want an aggresive drop on my 19" and trying to avoid the 'stiff' ride.

thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: lowering springs (volvos40t5)

I love my 1.3" Heico springs. sporty yes , but aggresive??? should be like another 3/4- 1 " or so to be aggresive. I definately notice the differance. but it's still reasonable smooth. not sure if you can go much lower and still be smooth. bags vs coilovers provide a more smooth ride. all in all I'm happy with the 1.3" Heicos, but wouldn't mind a similar ride with additional 1/2 lower stance. let us know what you go with

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im looking for atleast 2" drop. agressive in the sence to match my looks to the silver evolve s40 drop. tried to cut my springs, but the fronts would not sit correctly. kinda bouncy as well. the rear turned out great. so, DO NOT CUT. thankfully i save my stock springs and had em replaced. see, i bought a set of t5 springs from the classified a while back just to test it out.

GDOG: the link does not work.

Modified by volvos40t5 at 4:48 AM 3-31-2006

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Re: (volvos40t5)

Quote, originally posted by volvos40t5 »

GDOG: the link does not work.

Modified by volvos40t5 at 4:48 AM 3-31-2006
just clicked it and it works for me. it's a german site.
The weitec springs lower the V50/S40s 30mm F/R. There isn't a S40/V50 in the US with these yet so if someone wants to try them PM me... The weitec kits have become very popular with the 850/S/V/C70s. Weitec DOES NOT have a cup kit for the V50/S40 yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: (gdogg16)

weitecs 30mm ? not bad but currently a few like evolve and sct are offering springs in the 35-40 mm range. If I'm not mistaken the Heicos are 35 mm lowering (1.3" lowering)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts