SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,200 Posts
What car?

Honestly depends on the current condition/mileage of you stock shocks/struts and the roads in your area.

I lowered my P1 S40 1.6" up front and 2" in the rear with springs on the stock shocks/struts at 80k miles. Never had a single problem up to 155k miles when I returned the car to stock height for the new owner.

·
Super Moderator
15,200 Posts
I have a s60 2.5t. What springs were used and how was ride affected? Did you pick up gas mileage?
I have Evolve (Elevate) springs. The ride was definitely firmer, but not a back breaker by any means. Paired with good tires, it was very level through the corners at just about any speed I desired. The ride will be different with your car though, much bigger and heavier. The P1s are already pretty nimble compared to the P2s.
Also, on the P1 platform, it was pretty necessary to get adjustable rear camber arms after lowering. The rear camber was at -2°, which is within factory spec, but pretty extreme for a daily and started coning my tires.

I didn't notice any improvement in mileage. Most mods will give you better mileage, but it's hard not to drive in such a way as to enjoy those mods. My mileage probably got worse. :p

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a 2014 S60 T5 AWD just replaced the H&R lowering springs with KW's coil overs (well worth THAT cost!). The H&R gave it a nice stance, rode basically the same as with the sport package from stock. I need to put an ad to sell the H&R's now.
Gas mileage didn't change. I guess it might if all I did was high speed, highway driving.

·
Super Moderator
15,200 Posts
Thanx all. Wondering if an alignment was necessary? And if anyone has a set for a 05 s60 2.5t for sale?
I highly suggest having your alignment checked after working on suspension components.

·
Super Moderator
15,200 Posts
OK so what models are compatible as far as fit and spring rates?
You're FWD, correct? You'll need to find springs designed for FWD P2 platform cars (S60 and V70).

Here's a few references, but be sure to check in with the S60 section before making a purchase. My familiarity is with the P1 and P80 platforms.

http://www.vivaperformance.com/lowering-springs-5/
https://www.elevatecars.com/vehicles/volvo-s60-2010.html
http://www.ipdusa.com/prodtype.asp?CAT_ID=1068&numRecordPosition=0&categorycrumbs=987

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a 2014 S60 T5 AWD just replaced the H&R lowering springs with KW's coil overs (well worth THAT cost!). The H&R gave it a nice stance, rode basically the same as with the sport package from stock. I need to put an ad to sell the H&R's now.
Gas mileage didn't change. I guess it might if all I did was high speed, highway driving.
Do you recall what it cost to have the springs installed? I was just quoted $860 by my dealer, which seems really high. I have considered doing this job myself, but it would be my first time installing springs and haven't yet found a great write up for the 2011+ S60s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts