SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone lowered their 2012 or 2013 S60 T6 yet?....the wheel gap is awful.

Anyone know if lowering it will void the warranty?........and a source for lowering spring BESIDES Heico?

Thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have an RD and i think it's a little too high too...Viva has some Eibach springs that will drop the RD another 15mm...ive thought about it but I'm not ready to make that big of a commitment yet...from what I've read on here, the springs don't void the warranty unless they are the reason something goes bad

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an RD and i think it's a little too high too...Viva has some Eibach springs that will drop the RD another 15mm...ive thought about it but I'm not ready to make that big of a commitment yet...from what I've read on here, the springs don't void the warranty unless they are the reason something goes bad
Thanks, the sales guy left me a message that it will not void the warranty unless the springs cause other parts to fail. Debating on the commitment myself but damn there's soooooooooo much wheel gap!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks, the sales guy left me a message that it will not void the warranty unless the springs cause other parts to fail. Debating on the commitment myself but damn there's soooooooooo much wheel gap!
Yeah I know...I'm becoming more and more aware of it as time goes by...I cant imagine how I'd be if it wasn't already 15mm lower than the standard height. It doesn't look as bad when the car is in motion, but depending on how/where it's parked it can be really noticable. I can't imagine that the extra 15mm drop would cause any other part to fail. Not even sure if an extra 15mm will be that noticable or how much it would affect the ride. I like the way the car rides right now and it's my daily driver...so a rough ride wouldn't be too fun. One other think too is that I don't know much it would affect the allignment and if it will be re-alligned without any extra parts....just a lot to consider :\

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think lowering it a bit would make the ride rougher, i would hope not anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
I dont think lowering it a bit would make the ride rougher, i would hope not anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Given my experience with other lowered car, I'd expect a rougher ride.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Given my experience with other lowered car, I'd expect a rougher ride.
I've never lower a car before, but I've always thought there was a lot to adjust when it comes to realigning it...Do you think a 15mm drop would make the ride significantly more rough or not too much? Also, is this a big enough drop that I would need to get new parts for proper alignment (like camber kits) or could the OEM fittings be adjustable enough to get it back in place?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've never lower a car before, but I've always thought there was a lot to adjust when it comes to realigning it...Do you think a 15mm drop would make the ride significantly more rough or not too much? Also, is this a big enough drop that I would need to get new parts for proper alignment (like camber kits) or could the OEM fittings be adjustable enough to get it back in place?
I think it would be a bit stiffer ride but not rough because of the awesome suspenion that is already in the car. I'd wouldn't a firmer ride to get rid of the horrible wheel gap.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ouch George, let me know if you run a sale. For that price i'd stick with Heico since they are pretty blue LOL.
The Heico springs are actually made by Eibach ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
The R Design vs regular S60 is 15mm. If you driven both, it'll give you a better idea of the difference.

I can't imagine my RD lower than it is. It's very firm if borderline rough depending on the road. The current 15MM drop for the RD is enough for me.

The wheel gap has never bothered me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts