SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if people could chime in on what springs they use and what their camber readouts are in the rear? and obviously also their model. TIA!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
my rear camber is horrible for a daily but great if you are talking about fun driving. Not aggressive enough for a full on track car. I have the evolve springs on an 05 R. The camber is not and will never be "straight" with these.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Lowering springs and rear camber... (Johann)

With all due respect Johann, those pages do not discuss what camber people get with certain lowering springs. I'm looking for numbers, ie I'm using this spring on this car and my camber is... I'm not interested in alignment specs.
For example, I have yet to see someone post their camber numbers running Evolve or Eibach (besides blot now) springs. They lower 1+" so I would assume that they would be running extremely high camber in the back. Curious to see if they are just going to live with it or not.
See PM.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Lowering springs and rear camber... (mike_c70)

Quote, originally posted by mike_c70 »

For example, I have yet to see someone post their camber numbers running Evolve or Eibach (besides blot now) springs.
See PM.

Has been mentioned many times, most settle near -1.3 give or take a few.

I have mentioned the camber of both my S60R and my V70R on several occasions, JRL has, I blieve Chris done so (-1.4) etc. etc.....
This is why my remark.

And for the word "Camber" the search function gives great results.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Lowering springs and rear camber... (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »

...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and, okay, I think you get the idea.

-Eric

Are you suggesting this has been discussed more than trice?

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

Johann / Eric -

Actually, before blot and Johann just posted, I have never seen camber #s for Eibach/Evolve/Heico.

I have seen JRL, Chris, need, and I all post numbers, but guess what, we all have TME.

I have seen Doug, Russ, Jesse and Bryan's cars (all with other than TME springs) and visually they are all over the place with their lowering height and negative camber, Russ and Jesse's were the worst.

So this is a great thread, if people with other than TME springs will post how much negative camber they have. Should be at least as much as TME, since they lower a little more.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Lowering springs and rear camber... ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
Johann / Eric -

Actually, before blot and Johann just posted, I have never seen camber #s for Eibach/Evolve/Heico.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=20677

Quote, originally posted by Johann »

After cutting the spring it lowered roughly 20 mm.
The rear axle camber will change to 1.3 degree negative which is pretty much but it doesn't affect the ride quality nor does it give an unever wear pattern on the tires.

This was 2 years ago...

Also 2 years ago,

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=21068

Nice but useless..

The rear camber is non adjustable and it will already set to -1.1 to -1.3 degree when lowered by an inch..
In the front 1 1/2 inch is the maximum if you still want to drive the R hard.

See who lowered the R first..

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts

Good point!

My bad. Read the first post too quickly.

I retract my "...and again...and again" statement.

-Eric

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=20677
This was 2 years ago...

The rear axle camber will change to 1.3 degree negative which is pretty much but it doesn't affect the ride quality nor does it give an unever wear pattern on the tires.

Well that is swell, but a couple of things...

IT WAS 2 YEARS AGO...I hadn't even joined the R forum yet, and I've been here longer than most of the people on the forum.

Also, it doesn't make any sense, and why more people with other than TME need to post.

If:
a) Amount of negative camber is directly proportional to amount of lowering
b) TME springs lower the least of all the aftermarket options
c) your claim of -1.3 rear camber is accurate for Heicos or other springs that lower ~1"

Why do rear camber amounts for TME owners range from -1.4 to -2.3?

Good reason to ask more Heico/Evolve/Eibach spring owners to post their negative camber amounts.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

Well, now that we are clear on the original post.......I am sure this will be a 15-20 page thread. I am looking forward to all of the responses. It will help me with the SHOULD I OR SHOULD'NT I put those SEXY springs in?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Re: Lowering springs and rear camber... (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
Well, now that we are clear on the original post.......I am sure this will be a 15-20 page thread. I am looking forward to all of the responses. It will help me with the SHOULD I OR SHOULD'NT I put those SEXY springs in?

Ditto. I wonder if it would be pushing the thread to see which springs are the best for the track?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

Good reason to ask more Heico/Evolve/Eibach spring owners to post their negative camber amounts.

I believe one factor not mentioned is the offset of the wheels in the rear. Camber is affected not only by ride height but also is a function of the wheel offset from hubs (this includes using spacers). My rear camber with eibachs on stock wheels (no spacers) was -1.6 and with my current wheels (+38mm offset meaning 8mm more outboard from hubs) is -2.1
. So I believe your camber with the TMEs is the way it is because your offset is not stock (meaning +46mm) and your wheels are more outboard.

·
Registered
220 Posts

Precisely. Thank you. Mike and I have the worst camber result posted thus far. His result is worse than mine. Given the disparity of stock ride heights, some owners of these springs must have negative camber well into the 2's.

-Wm.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts