SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody comment on the Volvo lowering/sport suspension for the 2002 V70. I'm looking to gauge if anyone has a feel for the improvement (handling) vs. tradeoffs (comfort) vs. price.<P>Is it worthwhile to consider something like this for my T5 or are there other better alternatives?<P>Mike<P>

·
Registered
7 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyerinmontreal:<BR><B>Can anybody comment on the Volvo lowering/sport suspension for the 2002 V70. I'm looking to gauge if anyone has a feel for the improvement (handling) vs. tradeoffs (comfort) vs. price.<P>Is it worthwhile to consider something like this for my T5 or are there other better alternatives?<P>Mike<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Mike,<P>IMO, you should do the ECU-upgrade first. I think that'd give you more "bang for the buck".<P>Good luck,<BR><P>

·
Registered
77 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyerinmontreal:<BR><B>Can anybody comment on the Volvo lowering/sport suspension for the 2002 V70. I'm looking to gauge if anyone has a feel for the improvement (handling) vs. tradeoffs (comfort) vs. price.<P>Is it worthwhile to consider something like this for my T5 or are there other better alternatives?<P>Mike<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would do the upgrade, I has a full suspension on my S40 and it turned the car into a differe car over night. The ride was very smooth, and very responsive. I used Koni and TME. I have always lowered my cars and its one of the best improvements you can make next to a chip/exhaust. I would go for the suspension first, nice set of 18" wheels with a set of ZR rated tires(Nitto NT 555 has the most bang for the buck 130 a tire) Capella Volvo 18" are about 250 wheel if you want to keep it stock. Then I would add a chip/exhaust/downpipe.<BR>Also be advised that Volvo has its own lowering kit, Im not talking about the sport suspension for 250. Im talking about a complete sport suspension(shocks,struts,lowering springs) its $$$ but its factory! I have heard that the sport suspension was a little hard in the last V70. <BR>Hey good Luck<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts