SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody comment on the Volvo lowering/sport suspension for the 2002 V70. I'm looking to gauge if anyone has a feel for the improvement (handling) vs. tradeoffs (comfort) vs. price.

Is it worthwhile to consider something like this for my T5 or are there other better alternatives?

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by nyerinmontreal:
Can anybody comment on the Volvo lowering/sport suspension for the 2002 V70. I'm looking to gauge if anyone has a feel for the improvement (handling) vs. tradeoffs (comfort) vs. price.

Is it worthwhile to consider something like this for my T5 or are there other better alternatives?

Mike

Mike,

IMO, you should do the ECU-upgrade first. I think that'd give you more "bang for the buck".

Good luck,

·
Registered
77 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by nyerinmontreal:

Mike

I would do the upgrade, I has a full suspension on my S40 and it turned the car into a differe car over night. The ride was very smooth, and very responsive. I used Koni and TME. I have always lowered my cars and its one of the best improvements you can make next to a chip/exhaust. I would go for the suspension first, nice set of 18" wheels with a set of ZR rated tires(Nitto NT 555 has the most bang for the buck 130 a tire) Capella Volvo 18" are about 250 wheel if you want to keep it stock. Then I would add a chip/exhaust/downpipe.
Also be advised that Volvo has its own lowering kit, Im not talking about the sport suspension for 250. Im talking about a complete sport suspension(shocks,struts,lowering springs) its $$$ but its factory! I have heard that the sport suspension was a little hard in the last V70.
Hey good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts