SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm just bought used V50 T5 FWD 2005. Noticed uneven wear on all the tyres (inner side), few days back just changed all brand new tires for my shoes. Feedback from mechanic that the camber can't be adjust due to some reason. Now worried it will damage my new shoes someday.
How to solve this problem? I don't hv much experience about Volvo... this is my 1st Volvo ride. Willing to learn from all experienced guys here.
:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do you have aftermarket wheels, tires, springs on your car? Can't think of a reason why you can't adjust your camber.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
find a suspension specialty shop for alignment and/or get rear camber arms from Amazon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
find a suspension specialty shop for alignment and/or get rear camber arms from Amazon.
Thanks Mr. Slasher, yes will visit others shop. Are you means rear adjustable camber arms? How about front side? Do you have a link for their website please. I am from Malaysia.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
You can't adjust the camber on stock parts, that's why most of us lowered have gotten adjustable control arms. I'm 2" dropped in the back and 1.5" dropped in the front. The front has been fine for me, but the back was wearing badly. After the SPC arms, I've got my rear camber pulled into a -.8° I know that hardly anything at all, but it's a commuter and it's a lot better than the -2° I was running with before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can't adjust the camber on stock parts, that's why most of us lowered have gotten adjustable control arms. I'm 2" dropped in the back and 1.5" dropped in the front. The front has been fine for me, but the back was wearing badly. After the SPC arms, I've got my rear camber pulled into a -.8° I know that hardly anything at all, but it's a commuter and it's a lot better than the -2° I was running with before.
Thanks for your info, Just visit and register myself with Amazon.com and seen your feedback regarding the item. It is come a pair set or the price shows only for one unit? How do i check the shipping rate to Malaysia with Amazom.com? Really new on this..

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
That price is for both rear control arms.

After debates and such on those reviews, it still remains unclear if those are authentic forged SPC control arms or cast replicas. What I can say is, these camber arms work and they're a great product for the price. As I've stated, my car is only a commuter, so I have no need for the expensive "best of the best" products, just parts that get the job done and get it done right.

As for shipping, follow through with "placing an order." After you enter shipping and payment info, it'll give you a shipping cost and total cost before you commit to the buy. I just entered a random address in Malaysia and the shipping came out to be $59. So I would expect shipping around $60 + the control arms for $65. You're probably looking around $125-$130 total. While this is still a pretty decent cost, for that amount of money, you may be able to find a decent brand of control arms at a local shop.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Get some camber arms and have an alignment shop properly adjust both rear camber and front and rear toe. Toe is the leading cause of tire wear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

After debates and such on those reviews, it still remains unclear if those are authentic forged SPC control arms or cast replicas. What I can say is, these camber arms work and they're a great product for the price. As I've stated, my car is only a commuter, so I have no need for the expensive "best of the best" products, just parts that get the job done and get it done right.

As for shipping, follow through with "placing an order." After you enter shipping and payment info, it'll give you a shipping cost and total cost before you commit to the buy. I just entered a random address in Malaysia and the shipping came out to be $59. So I would expect shipping around $60 + the control arms for $65. You're probably looking around $125-$130 total. While this is still a pretty decent cost, for that amount of money, you may be able to find a decent brand of control arms at a local shop.
Thanks for the guideline. Done on the purchase and awiting the item to arrive and install.
will up date you guys once the item successfully install.
Appreciate helps and useful comment here.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get some camber arms and have an alignment shop properly adjust both rear camber and front and rear toe. Toe is the leading cause of tire wear.
Yes. now awaiting the item to arrive soon.
Thanks for your advise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Mate, Item arrived unfortunately Amazon send me only one piece "not a set of two arms!!"....what to do??
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
I would contact the seller on Amazon. They should send you another arm for free.

Both reviews state having received two arms and the product description says it's for a set. Must have been a packaging error. Hopefully they get that worked out for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would contact the seller on Amazon. They should send you another arm for free.

Both reviews state having received two arms and the product description says it's for a set. Must have been a packaging error. Hopefully they get that worked out for you.
Done logged my report to Amazon, they just sent me the link to ACDelco and ask me to deal by myself regarding the missing parts. Quite sad for their reply. Anyway they ask me to re-appointed the feedback from the seller if this matter can't be solve shortly.
:(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
658 Posts
Website says it's not a valid product for the S40 (when selecting your vehicle from their drop-down menu).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Demm..... Now they claimed Amazon not state the product was comes a pair, MyNameIdeaWhereTaken....can you confirm me do you really got a pair for this product before?

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
mr_V, I PM'd you.

I humbly admit my mistake here.
I checked Amazon again and it still shows me only having paid $65. HOWEVER, I checked my bank statement and I realize that I did indeed pay for 2 arms. I did not remember having purchased 2, I was only going off my amazon statement...

I can't tell you how sorry I am for having mislead you as an individual, as well as my fellow forum members. I'm also deeply sorry for the inconvenience I know that I caused you... Please accept my apology and if there's anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts