SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: (QnsMostWanted)

Yeah, you dont need a tranny jack at all for this job, I thought. It's not like that mount is the only thing holding the tranny in there. There is this thing called an engine, to which the trans is bolted to rather securely.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (JoeLvo)

Quote, originally posted by JoeLvo »
Yeah, you dont need a tranny jack at all for this job, I thought. It's not like that mount is the only thing holding the tranny in there. There is this thing called an engine, to which the trans is bolted to rather securely.

Yes, the trans "mount" only holds things longitudinally.

·
6,444 Posts
Re: (DGBibo)

Quote, originally posted by DGBibo »
you will need ramps, and a jack to hold up the tranny once you undo the mount

no ramps needed and no need for tranny support. I was able to stick my head under the front bumper and replace it

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Re: (tomedkaz)

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »

no ramps needed and no need for tranny support. I was able to stick my head under the front bumper and replace it

Wow, I can't even see anything under there without ramps much less work on anything.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: (tomedkaz)

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »

Yeah, you must be the anti-head from "so I married an axe murderer."

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: (Arbelac)

much ado about nothing.

Lift the front of the vehicle, unbolt the old one, and bolt the new on in place. 15 minutes.

·
6,444 Posts
Re: (adykes)

Quote, originally posted by adykes »

Wow, I can't even see anything under there without ramps much less work on anything.

I take that back - I'm sorry - one side of the car was on a brick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.