SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to commit this spring on a set of springs. I know IPD and H&R are over $250ish. I found a set of springs for $120 made by ProParts...Swedish company. Any one have any experience with these springs? Supposed to have a 1.6" drop. And with that drop should I look into modifying my control arms or axles or anything? I believe 2" is the maximum before anything gets out of whack. Better play it safe and not have to replace broken items. Just brainstorming and looking for opinions

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V70. Sorry for the confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
derp, I thought you had an XC.

from what I've seen Pro Parts is just a distributor.
so what you get just depends on where they sourced it.
I'd try and find out the origin of the springs before I ordered.

not that China can't make good springs, but usually not.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have their control arms on the front end of my car for over a year now. I must admit I've had decent luck with them.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Also interested in any experience with these springs, or answers to these question. I'm hoping to be in the market for lowering springs this spring as well. I know the general consensus is that you'll get longer life out of shocks/struts that are made for lowering springs…but I'll likely stay with my stockers for now, even if it expedites their demise a bit.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in the same exact boat

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'd try and find out the origin of the springs before I ordered.

not that China can't make good springs, but usually not.
For what it's worth, I talked to the US rep for Pro Parts concerning the source of their parts. He stated that some things they make in-house in Sweden and nearly all the rest of their offerings are made somewhere in the EU typically by OE suppliers. They have been around for something like 40 years, mostly supplying shops in Sweden, Finland and Russia. I'm trying a set of their QuickStruts on my '05 and although I only have a couple of thousand clicks on them, the springs are well matched to the car. In fact, they (i.e. the whole strut package) are way better than either the Eibach/Sachs or Eibach/Monroe OESpectrum combinations I have had on my '02 albeit without the 2 in drop I got from the Eibachs. A bit of apples/oranges, but worth the mention at this point.

Cheers,

Bill

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Semi off topic:

As said above, some things they make in house. I bought spring seats and strut bearings from them, for my old '99 - about a third of the cost of OEM parts - lasted about 10k kms, or half a year, in salty norwegian winter roads. Not saying they are utterly crap, but for some things you ger what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
For what it's worth, I talked to the US rep for Pro Parts concerning the source of their parts. He stated that some things they make in-house in Sweden and nearly all the rest of their offerings are made somewhere in the EU typically by OE suppliers. They have been around for something like 40 years, mostly supplying shops in Sweden, Finland and Russia. I'm trying a set of their QuickStruts on my '05 and although I only have a couple of thousand clicks on them, the springs are well matched to the car. In fact, they (i.e. the whole strut package) are way better than either the Eibach/Sachs or Eibach/Monroe OESpectrum combinations I have had on my '02 albeit without the 2 in drop I got from the Eibachs. A bit of apples/oranges, but worth the mention at this point.

Cheers,

Bill
that's promising.
I was going to look into them for quickstruts for the XC.
options are very limited for the raised wagons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts