SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to find one (beside the dealership)? I've checked IPD, Viva, & European Auto Parts... and couldn't find anything. Mine is missing, & I'd like to replace it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
R's generate more heat which is why there is no cover.
I have one that I put on during the winter to keep the salt away, but it comes right off when the temperatures warm up.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
What was never there can't be missing. The R doesn't utilize one, I've heard it's because the engine gets too hot with the skid plate on.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL!

HOT California? Where do you get your weather info? I live just south of San Luis Obispo on the coast. Average summer temps are mid 60's to mid 70's. We might get a couple days of 80-100 deg. temps around late August. Right now, it's 53.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What was never there can't be missing. The R doesn't utilize one, I've heard it's because the engine gets too hot with the skid plate on.
So.. why do all the repair instructions I've been seeing say to start by removing the lower engine cover? Typ. instruction to include other S60's?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Yes. Most instructions are generic across the S60 line.
+1, i would not bother installing the lower skid plate, don't need it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you really want one I have a barely used one and all appropriate bolts that I'd be willing to sell.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eh.. if I don't need it.. and it wasn't there originally, I'll pass. I just thought mine was missing! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts