SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
There are 3 10mm bolts holding it in as well as a few for the snorkel.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lower portion of the air filter box, and I don't believe that there are any bolts holding it in. It is held in by the four point connector system which seems to have been updated or strengthened from the same type of system in the Gen1 cars.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
There are a total of 6 10mm bolts, 3 for the snorkel and 3 for the airbox itself. You will also need to remove the two torx screws holding the MAF to the airbox.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Are you talking about the "cover of nothing" next to the airbox? If so, it will let go with a sharp tug.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I broke mine with a sharp tug. Ilthe best method is to squeeze the clips and pull up on the individual "legs"

Then again, its a useless piece or plastic.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly, but how to squeeze the clips. I seem to remember that one can use a socket to push down on the clips to compress them, and then release each individula "leg". Not having much luck using the socket or any other method.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Exactly, but how to squeeze the clips. I seem to remember that one can use a socket to push down on the clips to compress them, and then release each individula "leg". Not having much luck using the socket or any other method.
It sound like you are talking about that flat cover (for nothing) next to the airbox, and not the airbox itself. If so, it only has 3 snaps that need to be undone. I have used a socket in the past to squeeze the prongs together and pop off each leg that way. Use as small of a socket as you can that can just barely fit the tips of the prongs in it. When you push down (hard) it will squeeze them together and you should be able to pull up and pop it off with no issue.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I pinched them with my fingers and got them all to come loose... but then again, I have curiously strong fingers...

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I pulled mine up, broke it in half and threw it away. It's useless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts