SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been trying to identify what might be the source of the issue, which is when I brake the rpm goes down pretty low at times, sometimes it's down to about 600-700 rpm and sometime even down to 400-500 when it almost stalls at that point, and it's been happening in n and off for quite sometime... and never figured what it was because it comes on for sometime and then it just goes away... any suggestions, help? Mike

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3

·
Registered
725 Posts
Does this happen when coming to a full stop?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah when coming to a full stop or just slowing down at a lower speed

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it the trans that shifts the gears down kinda late at some point or? I have no idea but I wouldn't think it's the trans

·
Registered
146 Posts
Where is it idling at when just sitting? I would suspect a vacuum leak or bad brake booster. My guess is that your engine idle control can't keep up with the car coming to a stop because of a vacuum leak somewhere. It could also be a bad/dirty MAF. Or even something as simple as a bad battery or ground somewhere.

If its having trouble idling (low or sporadic) in general, you might need to clean the ETM (throttle body) too...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its idling at 900-1000 when sitting and im sure it's not the battery, because I replaced the battery recently, from what you're saying it might be the vacuum leak or perhaps bad and/or dirty MAF sensor, well, anyways how can I check if there's a vacuum leak?

·
Registered
146 Posts
its idling at 900-1000 when sitting and im sure it's not the battery, because I replaced the battery recently, from what you're saying it might be the vacuum leak or perhaps bad and/or dirty MAF sensor, well, anyways how can I check if there's a vacuum leak?

Wet the vacuum lines with water from a squirt bottle while the engine is running and look for a change in the idle speed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but it's not like in the video above... The rpms don't go low when idling but only when braking.. hmm

·
Registered
146 Posts
True but it may just not be to that point yet. You have a non-turbo right?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is the crankcase vent clogged maybe? That is apparently an issue with Non-Turbos that can cause the exact problem you are talking about.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hm no freaking Idea.. I just cleaned the MAF sensor like 3 hours ago because it was a little dirty, but it didn't really seem to solve the issue, car likely drives better but didn't really solve the issue... hmm maybe the vacuum like you were talking bout, I'll have my older brother check for the leak, since he is the one mechanically inclined and im not really..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but whatever suggestions you're telling me, then I come up to him with the given suggestions what might be wrong so he doesn't have to go out of his mind searching for the problem since he isn't very experienced with Volvo's tendencies and issues, so I'll definitely keep you posted and if there is anything else that comes to your mind what it might be let me know, appreciate the help!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The vacuum brake system could be defective which may be pulling vacuum from other systems, such as engine crankcase vacuum or engine management systems. Has there been a noticeable change in how the the brake pedal feels?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly I havent really noticed any change in how the brake pedal feels and I'm sure I would have noticed something if there was a change..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okay the car stalled 5 times on me today... The good thing is that the check engine light came up so it can't really be the transmission and when my brother checked it for codes that's the code it showed - P0137 O2 Circuit Low Voltage.... any suggestions what this is?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts