SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time I've gotten the p2407 code (evap issue code) shortly after filling up with lower than 94 octane.
(I used 91)
Coincidence? Or others have this happen?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I usually erase EVAP codes when they first show up in the winter time. I've seen the cold do some weird Stuuf. Get it erased and let the car defrost in a warm garage if you can.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
The highest octane you could purchase in California is 91 Octane. We're doing just fine with the pis gas... and the extra kick to the ribs while on the ground with 10% ethonal.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I erase it once it shows up, and like the first time it happened it didn't reappear for months

·
Registered
261 Posts
The highest octane you could purchase in California is 91 Octane. We're doing just fine with the pis gas... and the extra kick to the ribs while on the ground with 10% ethonal.
Just wait till we go to 15% ethonal, at least you don't get the crappy "winter Mix" we get

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
RON versus R+M/2 method for calculation on octane. His 94 IS your 91. (and mine, too) His 91 is our 87.

FWIW, (this is general drivability, not R specific) Evap issues can definitely show up when the cold snaps hit.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
RON versus R+M/2 method for calculation on octane. His 94 IS your 91. (and mine, too) His 91 is our 87.

FWIW, (this is general drivability, not R specific) Evap issues can definitely show up when the cold snaps hit.

Canada uses the same AKI octane rating as the U.S. ((R+M)/2), so his 91 octane rating is the same as your 91 octane rating.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
my mistake... then fuel should definitely not be a factor (since 91 is as good as it gets in a large part of the country, and the cars don't have issues like that)

·
Registered
373 Posts
^^This... pray for us! We do get the crappy winter-mix. 10% Ethanol currently. Are they going to up it to 15% now?

LOL. Seriously though, (hang on, I need to put my flame-retardant suit on) I run 87 octane like 80% of the time. I still get good mileage & no error codes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
^^This... pray for us! We do get the crappy winter-mix. 10% Ethanol currently. Are they going to up it to 15% now?

LOL. Seriously though, (hang on, I need to put my flame-retardant suit on) I run 87 octane like 80% of the time. I still get good mileage & no error codes.
same here, haven't had a problem in 4 years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts