SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello swedespeed community:

Glad to be joining the Volvo family with my first Volvo vehicle. After a few months of owning the car I'm reading fairly low MPG compared to the quoted rating. Here are my vehicle details:

2021 Volvo V60 CC
Mileage: 1,500
MPG (average): 17.4

I live in Los Angeles and so have mostly stop and go driving, however, this still seems low compared to the quoted 24 mpg for city.

I tried scheduling a service with my local Volvo dealership but they refused me stating that this is the expected MPG.

My last vehicle was a 1989 Toyota Hilux so I'm not use to comparing actual mpg to base ratings. Is this the world we are living in when buying new cars today?

Thanks!
Miles
I'm in Illinois with a T6 V60 and I avg 21.5 mpg mostly city. I suspect CA (just like IL) has higher ethanol levels which drops the MPG. But you should still be doing better than that. Your not lead-footing it are you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2018 V60CC T5 in upstate NY. When I first got it mileage didn't seem so great(low 20's) but then I just backed off on the throttle when cruising on back roads and interstates and it made a huge difference. The sport mode on the speedo display shows a real time MPG gauge for reference (reminds me of the old vacuum gauges) and it is amazing how much better you can do by having a light foot when at a constant speed.
No getting in the low 30's on road trips

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello swedespeed community:

Glad to be joining the Volvo family with my first Volvo vehicle. After a few months of owning the car I'm reading fairly low MPG compared to the quoted rating. Here are my vehicle details:

2021 Volvo V60 CC
Mileage: 1,500
MPG (average): 17.4

I live in Los Angeles and so have mostly stop and go driving, however, this still seems low compared to the quoted 24 mpg for city.

I tried scheduling a service with my local Volvo dealership but they refused me stating that this is the expected MPG.

My last vehicle was a 1989 Toyota Hilux so I'm not use to comparing actual mpg to base ratings. Is this the world we are living in when buying new cars today?

Thanks!
Miles
Make sure you are using the recommended gasoline: 91 octane or above

Auto Start/Stop will help with your overall MPG

In the Driver performance screen, make sure it's set to show you average over 1 mile, 10 mile, 100, etc. I leave mine on 1 mile to see what I am getting at the moment.

Don't forget, the way they factor those numbers on the window sticker average is a steady press of the accelerator. If you smash it down to move quickly you're using more fuel to reach a higher speed faster.

Try using Eco mode, you'll get the best gas mileage by keeping that torque down and the Auto Start/Stop is always active per what I already mentioned.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts