SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use my parking brake to toggle my lights.. i.e. the lights would go on when I release the brake, go off when I pull it up... I've seen it on some cars and I like it, especially since I like having auto lights enabled, but don't like that it causes my HID setup to cycle off and then back on again when I start the car and I hate having to make sure my lights are switched off to avoid it. This way, when I turn the key on, the parking lights would come on, and the beams wouldn't come on until after I've started the car and released the parking brake. I know I'm going to have to add a relay to do this, but anyone know a good place that I could splice into to interrupt the power to the lights? Preferably just the low beams, not the parking lights since as I said I would like them to be independent of this system. I would like to avoid having to go all the way to the lamps themselves? ...Like in the pass compartment at the headlamp switch or something... any help would be appreciated and when I do this I will take pics and post a write up cuz I think this is a pretty cool mod!

I have a 2001 S40 btw...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
That's nice, you can't

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cut the wire going to your low beams and run it your your e-brake. Rig a switch to be closed w/ e-brake down, open when up. Run the wires back to your light.

May trigger a bulb failure notification each time car is started.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I was just browsing this forum, and forgot about this post. I would like to say, that I did accomplish this LOL and I love it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.