SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would be nice to have this stance and a firm yet supple ride. When I see this, it makes me wonder if Volvo doesn't have a set of sport lowering springs that would work on the cars with the 4C suspension.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/new-models/s80

Really love the Bors!

Dang, it's not showing the exact photo I chose, it's the one with the side view of the Silver car parked.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
That stance is due to the 19" Bors with the sports chassis option. To the best of my knowledge the rest of the dynamic package was dropped after MY13, but if you opted for the Bor's you got the sports chassis.

Itwontstopsnowim (Mike) has put H&R springs on his S80 w/4C ... search around for the thread.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hm, on another note, the MY14+ bumper does look pretty mean from the side, on the picture you posted stupid_nut. The rear diffuser looks changed too.

I think all of the parts used for the sports chassis can be retrofitted if I recall correctly. Not sure which the parts were though. Or at least most of them.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah! That's the look! I have seen his mods, he is my inspiration for doing a lot of the things I plan on having done to the car. I do recall he said the ride was not great in comfort mode and is a bit on the harsh side. I love the ride height but would prefer it if the ride was not harsh with the 19" wheels. I took an S60 Inscription with the sport package and 19" wheels out when they first hit the market and loved how that car rode.

Heck, if this car could feel like that with only a slight drop, I'd be fine with that. For now, I'll have to be happy looking at this setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool! Does anyone on here have experience with them? I'm curious to hear how they feel, they look lower than the Volvo setup and I would be a bit concerned about ground clearance as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
if your worried about ground clearance don't lower your car. My old legend was a similar ride height and was dropped a similar amount. I would scrap on the occasional speed bump or drive way but you learn to avoid such things.

The C30 guys love elevate but i have yet to hear anything about this set up. since the price is actually really good I was probably going to purchase a set this spring.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm fine with lowering but not with having the car slammed. First time I did a suspension mod, chose a kit from the retailer that was supposed to be a slight drop, got the car back with almost a slammed look, lets just say there was no room for my finger to fit above the wheel. Car drove, cornered and braked well, speed bumps it would bottom out, learned how to drive over them at an angle. Car developed issues later which was blamed on the modification, since then if a car had a version with a factory sport package, that's the one I got, that issue was over 20 years ago. Seeing the changes as time go on with the suspension, it looks like it should be possible to go with some factory springs to lower it a bit more and keep a nice ride, yeah this car is way out of warranty but I prefer not to rip my bumper off on parking lot barriers or scrape them going up driveways, those days are long over for me.

Would love to hear from someone that gave these springs a shot to see if it would be a good fit for me. I'll have to go try one of the newer T6 AWD with a sport package to see how they drive, might go for one of those later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Volvo accessory page states, "Note! Only for cars with R-design or factory fitted sports chassis."

What's the reason for this? I have a 2009 S80 V8 that I'd love these wheels on, but it doesn't have 4C or a sport suspension. Does that mean I can't have Bors? :'(

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can put the wheels on your car, I can't see it being an issue. Sure it would look nice on a car with lowered suspension, but it shouldn't be an issue otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts