SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after seeing some other folks with upgraded horns on here lately. Similar to those the WRX guys run, I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. Three times in the past week SUV's have almost run me off the road and I dont think they could even hear the stock horns.

Step by step:
  1. Remove grill with long narrow flat head screw driver
  2. Unplug and remove old horns
  3. Drill out existing brackets
  4. Remove connectors from stock horns
  5. Solder wires to new horns and existing connectors
  6. Bolt in new horns and plug in
  7. Snap grill back in place
  8. Drink beer and be happy that you now have a safe-er car

All this took about 30 min.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ebay, $15 shipped! Much louder FYI

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
nice! that's definitely a cost-effective mod. much cheaper than the Hella horns the subie guys like

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Nice. if you are a "performance first" guy - i would recommend pulling the bumper and do the horn relocation. 2 less big circles stopping cold airflow into radiator/engine. plus the passenger side one is def killing the flow to the intake inlet.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. if you are a "performance first" guy - i would recommend pulling the bumper and do the horn relocation. 2 less big circles stopping cold airflow into radiator/engine. plus the passenger side one is def killing the flow to the intake inlet.
Thanks but, I pulled the intake apart long ago so I am drawing in hot air anyway. I am planning to fab up a ducted intake when I swap to the next turbo in January or February.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts