SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help me diagnose a problem I am having with my 05 s40 t5 awd. When I start the car the fan will immediately turn on high speed for about 5 to 10 seconds and then turn off or return to slow speed.*This happens if the car is cold or hot. *

What makes this a problem is it is very loud and you can feel it vibrating inside the car, I have never felt the fan turn on from inside the car so this new occurrence concerns me.*

It does not feel like the fan is loose, could the fan be going bad? My car has 41k miles.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Last Week , when It was very - Hot 82-86 - broke 4 records in a Row .
My V50's Fan did the same thing after a 60 miles Hike - seemed very High Speed - more then Normal .
The next 3-4 starts after that it was Normal , so I chucked it up to the Fan Temp sensor doing some kind of Recalibration to It's self .
I new it was only a Heat Wave and would be gone - which it did - so I didn't pull the Engine Bay Gasket .

Looking back at this My Battery was Low on Fluid and most likely Juice , as It will sit sometimes for 5-6 days - doing this though out the entire Winter Months .
I have My pile of Wood to keep me Busy , so Maybe You should check out that Battery Fluid Level .
If a Battery does get low , say 65-75 % You won't Notice it , but It will take a long time for the Alternator to Charge It back Up . ( To Long )
Everyone running the Heater Fans , Defroster , Electric Mirrors etc.

Now , I'm also wondering If that Power Surge from the Alternator trying really hard to Charge the Battery - somehow has effect on the Fan or Possibly
there is a Reserve that the System Kicks Into !
( Battery Reserve )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts