SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Loud Ringing Noise

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fallenfenix87 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

First post here, I got my 2004 SR back in May and everything has been great so far. However, there have been a couple of instances where when its been raining REALLY HARD and all of a sudden my car starts making this crazy loud ringing noise. The noise almost sounds like feedback from a microphone. I had shrugged it off the first time or two that it happened because I was on a road where I was able to come to a stop, and when the car comes to a stop, so does the noise. However, I was driving on the highway with nowhere to pull off and had to put up with the noise for about 3 minutes straight, fearing that I could be doing damage to the car in the process and so now I'm coming to the experts. Also, the car is manual transmission (not sure if that helps with solving the problem). If anyone has any idea what it could be I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks

#2 ·
This is pertaining to the driveshaft actually rubbing against your center resonator. Delete the resonator, problem solved. OR delete everything like me except for a smaller rear muff and enjoy the sexy F'ing growl of the inline 5cyl.

Welcome to swedespeed!

OH btw, pics or your car is a camRy.

#3 ·
Search for "rain squeal"...

#7 ·
I am amazed the douche bag previous owner hasn't had the rain steal fixed in 8 years.

Makes me wonder what else they did o take care of?

#8 ·
When I first got my R I had this problem and the stealership bent the exhaust down, and my problem went away. They did it for free btw.

But yeah, now that I have the full IPD turboback exhaust, problem still hasn't come back. Yay.

#11 ·
Welcome to the R forum. Another VA R owner!! :D

search EBD to help solve your problem...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.