SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pointers on what the loudest exhaust :eek: for the R is? EST sale is soo tempting...

·
Registered
974 Posts
I only have 2.5in exaust with a Magnaflow muffler and tip and its quite loud from roughly 4000rpms and up

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the mossy oak exhaust is pretty cool and loud,
so is the nascar exhaust
but my favorite of course, is the subtle but audible straight pipe,
hahaha ill take it!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
cutout!!!!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yeah it came on the caR when I got it. As soon as I get some money for a downpipe ill be looking to do a full 3in though. Probably with magnaflow muffler again cuz I love the way it sounds. All my buddies say that when I drive by my caR sounds like a jet. Me likey

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there any downside of having custom exhaust fabricated for the R?

·
Registered
974 Posts
is there any downside of having custom exhaust fabricated for the R?
None that I know of. Maybe someone else can chime in and give some better insight

·
Registered
336 Posts
Only downside is that you have no exact knowledge of how it'll sound, barring of course that you copy another's build.

Mine is loud and sounds great to most people I meet. Designed by Victory Performance Equip., but I believe it came from Mandrel Bending Solutions. Oval tubing.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Only downside is that you have no exact knowledge of how it'll sound, barring of course that you copy another's build.

Mine is loud and sounds great to most people I meet. Designed by Victory Performance Equip., but I believe it came from Mandrel Bending Solutions. Oval tubing.
I want to be unique so I like the idea of not really knowing how its going to sound LOL

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Anyone have any pointers on what the loudest exhaust :eek: for the R is? EST sale is soo tempting...
don.miller has a custom 3" with no muffler only a resonator. It's loud and sounds pretty awesome!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Get an Electronic cut out...Ihave one bet of both worlds

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I would say loudest without a cutout would be the elevate exhaust. I think the svenske was the loudest , but that is impossible to find since they have been discontinued for years!

·
Registered
303 Posts
There are two different "louds" ... "loud for the sake of being loud" and "performance loud" ... I'm a big advocate for "performance loud" ... I think mine is one of the more aggressive sounding exhausts around .. It's crazy .. sounds like a racecar... It's too much for some people, but music to my ears ... I went with Elevate's Turbo 3.5" DP into Elevate's race exhaust (this is their sport exhaust only with a straight pipe section that replaces a resonator) ... the system comes with a high flow muffler but, I cut that off and replaced it with a straight of straight pipe as well ... I made a custom one into two slash cut tip ... It's not the cheapest way to achieve "loud" ... but, in my opinion it's one of the best ways to do it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
There are two different "louds" ... "loud for the sake of being loud" and "performance loud" ... I'm a big advocate for "performance loud" ... I think mine is one of the more aggressive sounding exhausts around .. It's crazy .. sounds like a racecar... It's too much for some people, but music to my ears ... I went with Elevate's Turbo 3.5" DP into Elevate's race exhaust (this is their sport exhaust only with a straight pipe section that replaces a resonator) ... the system comes with a high flow muffler but, I cut that off and replaced it with a straight of straight pipe as well ... I made a custom one into two slash cut tip ... It's not the cheapest way to achieve "loud" ... but, in my opinion it's one of the best ways to do it.
Would love to hear a sound clip!

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Nothing for sale from a vendor is very loud
The Evevate 3" (if still for sale) would be the loudest by far, too loud IMO.
Removing the centor resonator from any of these aftermarket exhausts will make them pretty loud

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat...I had planned to pick up an IPD exhaust and downpipe, but now with the EST sale I'm not so sure anymore. I think I've listened to the sound clips a million different times trying to decide. Just on sound alone I'm still leaning towards IPD. Anyone have any real world opinions on the matter that might help me pull the trigger for an EST setup?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts