SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I searched through the forums, and saw a couple of relevant threads but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I have a XC90 T5, 2019. When I put the A/C on #1 or #2 (with temp set to LO), the cabin noise is somewhat reasonable. However, when I boost the A/C to #3 (with Lo Temp), the air blower near the front makes a lot of noise; in fact, the noise at #3 is pretty much at the same noise level as when I put the A/C on #4 or #5 (the MAX).

I tried to adjust the second row and third row climates to see if that could help, and it really has not worked.

Putting the air flow at both the feet and middle positions helps calm the noise a bit, but it's not really a solution.

Is it normal for the air blower to be that loud (i.e., a significant difference when going from #2 to #3, and #3 being as loud as #4/#5) -- or should I bring the car in to be looked at?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Mine also sounds loud on LO so i only really use it that way when i precondition the car. When Im in the car I set the A/C to 64, or something like that and it quiets down but still cools nicely.....I complained about it during a routine service and they said that it met spec.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, i have the same year and model as you and it’s very loud when the 2nd row is set to Hi for Heat or Low for cool. So i always set 2nd row at 20 Celcius...and it’s barely noticeable ..

- Live like there’s no tomorrow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts