SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I misplaced the user manual of my leased XC60 and cannot find it.
Will Volvo charge me for it at the end of the lease? If so how much is it?

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
You mean the thin supplementary manual? I don't know. Should be able to order from Volvo I guess.
Or buy from someone that willing to reduce some weight from the car. :)

But full user manual PDF of ~600 pages is available free online.

·
Registered
724 Posts
You mean the thin supplementary manual? I don't know. Should be able to order from Volvo I guess.
Or buy from someone that willing to reduce some weight from the car. :)

But full user manual PDF of ~600 pages is available free online.
No, he means the actual manual. It comes with the car in a vinyl "pleather" carrying case.

Volvo uses the same inspection service as most other manufactures to inspect the vehicle. I do not remember them checking to see if I returned the manual with my last vehicle. My advice, if you can't find the manual, is to not worry about it. Its not worth buying a copy now because its unlikely you will get charged.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
No, he means the actual manual. It comes with the car in a vinyl "pleather" carrying case.

Volvo uses the same inspection service as most other manufactures to inspect the vehicle. I do not remember them checking to see if I returned the manual with my last vehicle. My advice, if you can't find the manual, is to not worry about it. Its not worth buying a copy now because its unlikely you will get charged.
I don't think there is a 600 page manual in the carrying folder. It is two books inside, a thin supplementary manual and something else.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't think there is a 600 page manual in the carrying folder. It is two books inside, a thin supplementary manual and something else.
The OP doesn't say anything about a 600 page manual. With the SPA XC60, you get a pleather folder, a thin manual, and a thicker one that is roughly 300 pages (I'm too lazy to go out to the car and look). He apparently misplaced his and is worried he'll get dinged for the cost at the time of lease turn in.

I just checked the online PDF and was surprised by the length.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The OP doesn't say anything about a 600 page manual. With the SPA XC60, you get a pleather folder, a thin manual, and a thicker one that is roughly 300 pages (I'm too lazy to go out to the car and look). He apparently misplaced his and is worried he'll get dinged for the cost at the time of lease turn in.

I just checked the online PDF and was surprised by the length.
I am indeed referring to the ones that come in the pleather pouch.
Either I lost the whole darn thing or when the car was left for NY state inspection at a shop, it was picked up as a souvenir.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Just feel bored and checked, there is no 300 page thing in the pouch in my XC60.
. User manual supplement, 176 page, the thickest one there
. Warranty and Maintenance Record Information
. Quick guide
and a few pages of other stuff.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just feel bored and checked, there is no 300 page thing in the pouch in my XC60.
. User manual supplement, 176 page, the thickest one there
. Warranty and Maintenance Record Information
. Quick guide
and a few pages of other stuff.
Not sure why, but I wonder if it's because you have a T8?

PS saw a fusion red on my dealer's lot. Very distinctive color. Your xc60 must be beautiful.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Not sure why, but I wonder if it's because you have a T8?

PS saw a fusion red on my dealer's lot. Very distinctive color. Your xc60 must be beautiful.
Yes, Fusion Red is shiny red that shines in memory even after you close eyes. :)

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts