SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my wife’s S60 all week last week using my own key. Now her key doesn’t seem to remember her settings. (Also her phone won’t pair; not sure if that’s related.) I have driven her car one day at a time before and never had any problems. The memory button does work. Any ideas of what I may have done to cause this ... or even better, how to get all of her settings back? TIA.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
One quirk is that the car seeks the profile when you unlock the car... and that's it. So if you drove it around all weekend, parked it in the garage, and didn't lock up, the car would not switch back to her profile even if she uses her key to start the car. See if locking and using her fob to unlock solves your issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Dfrantz. Yes, we confirmed locking with my key, wait a bit, then unlock with her key. Some of the settings, like what is shown between the gauges, has stayed correct for her. Others, like phone and all seat settings, have changed.

Her profile settings are locked. We have fixed the changed settings, but don’t know what caused it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Had these issues when first go the car.The following procedure fixed it.

1. Take key #1. Sit in car. Adjust everything. Go to profile, unlock/lock the profile. Hit save settings once the profile is locked. Exit the car. Lock the car.
2. Take key#2. Repeat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had these issues when first go the car.The following procedure fixed it.

1. Take key #1. Sit in car. Adjust everything. Go to profile, unlock/lock the profile. Hit save settings once the profile is locked. Exit the car. Lock the car.
2. Take key#2. Repeat.
So when I can't get this to work, I'm going to come to you. It remembers everything but seat settings, suddenly, and no one else has touched my car, nor has the other key been there. Explain that one. :p

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
So when I can't get this to work, I'm going to come to you. It remembers everything but seat settings, suddenly, and no one else has touched my car, nor has the other key been there. Explain that one. :p
Haven't had that issue with 2 keys in a year.
All I can say is try the steps again, and make sure you're resaving the profile.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Similar problem

Haven't had that issue with 2 keys in a year.
All I can say is try the steps again, and make sure you're resaving the profile.

My wife's 2019 XC60 Inscription remembers my key settings every time, even when the door is not locked, but doesn't return to her settings with her key. Seat memory is retained with the buttons on the door, but temp and sound system settings are lost. I've also had a few instances where I was using the built in nav system, and most of it went black except for about the upper 1/4th of the screen. I drive a 2013 S80, but may replace with a BMW or Merc instead of a Volvo if reliability is a concern. That being said, I don't drive my wife's car often, and she never changes her settings or uses the nav system, so I don't think she's going to try to have anything fixed. I prefer hard buttons to a touch screen or voice commands, but don't know if any manufacturers still use these.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My wife's 2019 XC60 Inscription remembers my key settings every time, even when the door is not locked, but doesn't return to her settings with her key. Seat memory is retained with the buttons on the door, but temp and sound system settings are lost. I've also had a few instances where I was using the built in nav system, and most of it went black except for about the upper 1/4th of the screen. I drive a 2013 S80, but may replace with a BMW or Merc instead of a Volvo if reliability is a concern. That being said, I don't drive my wife's car often, and she never changes her settings or uses the nav system, so I don't think she's going to try to have anything fixed. I prefer hard buttons to a touch screen or voice commands, but don't know if any manufacturers still use these.
Again. Need 2 locked profiles set up correctly.
People tend to like complaining about things not working/things they don't like rather than easily fix them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts