16,511 Posts
I'm sorry to be boring but, I found this info on Swedish forum
-192 was named 1208942 in production, for engine B5254T and B5244T - S70
-193 was named 1208943 in production, for engine B5234T8 - MY99 V70R
different torque converters - will reuse mine as SB suggested
same control system
same gears
there may be other differences in the box but it can not be seen in VIDA

I'm getting close, very close to bite the bullet.
Same info in vida.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Excellent ! are you gonna swap it yourself ? It shouldn't be that difficult if you have the tools and the time.
Yes, I will tackle it myself. Need to get engine support bar and I will take my time and look for good how to remove transmission on P80 AWD.

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
do the RMS and Delrin subframe bushings while you're in there

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
RMS is on to do list, Delrin sub-frame bushings how difficult is to replace them and what is the best place to get them?

Super easy with the subframe loose (hence why you want to do them while it's out). Knock the old ones in with a bfh and, since the subframe will be loose, you can just flip the subframe over and use same bfh to install the new ones. Alternatively, you could use the official installation tool if you'd like to make less noise. You gotta beat on them pretty hard to get them in.

https://www.bneshop.com/products/awd-fwd-delrin-subframe-bushings

·
Registered
842 Posts
And be very careful to align the transmission shaft properly when reinstalling. If its not aligned properly it won't sink in and you will crack the back of the case while tighting the bolts. A guy here in Utah did that and had to start all over with a new tranny. Hopefully someone here will explain this properly as i didn't see him do it, just saw the aftermath.

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
Seems like you would notice that the bell housing isn't sitting nicely on the block before you started torquing it up? Was he trying to draw them together with the bolts? :confused:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Seems like you would notice that the bell housing isn't sitting nicely on the block before you started torquing it up? Was he trying to draw them together with the bolts? :confused:
Yeah, I think so, he was kicking himself when I showed up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
16,511 Posts
That 98 T5M should be a factory SMF car by vin:

98 Flywheel VIN Break

SMF up to:
Wagons 395001
Sedans 459999
DMF beyond

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
That 98 T5M should be a factory SMF car by vin:

98 Flywheel VIN Break

SMF up to:
Wagons 395001
Sedans 459999
DMF beyond
It had DMF. I left it on the engine should I take it? Also, when I was removing pedals assembly i did not see Clutch Pedal Position Sensor. Did I missed it?

·
Registered
16,511 Posts
It had DMF. I left it on the engine should I take it? Also, when I was removing pedals assembly i did not see Clutch Pedal Position Sensor. Did I missed it?
Leave the DMF.

I dont recall if 98s have clutch position sensors, im leaning towards no?

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
Leave the DMF.

I dont recall if 98s have clutch position sensors, im leaning towards no?
It probably only has the vacuum cruise switch

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts