SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a question on transmission replacement for 99 V70R. I have 4 speed. Do I have to go with 99 awd only like V70, S70 or XC70 replacement trans or any AW50-42?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Hi, I have a question on transmission replacement for 99 V70R. I have 4 speed. Do I have to go with 99 awd only like V70, S70 or XC70 replacement trans or any AW50-42?
Bummer about the issue, and I don't have a specific answer, but you could take the opportunity to make it manual instead. Unless, of course, you prefer an automatic.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer about the issue, and I don't have a specific answer, but you could take the opportunity to make it manual instead. Unless, of course, you prefer an automatic.
I would love to do manual swap but the price I got was 3x what I paid fro the whole car.

·
Registered
844 Posts
What about that R at the JY ? wasn't that a 99 ? I also can't say for sure which models are compatible. Go on wikipedia and look up Volvo V70. They list all the models, years, engine and transmission types for all the V's throughout the P80 lifespan.

·
Registered
844 Posts
and forgot to say call Erie Volvo, they can tell you what's compatible and they should have what you need in stock.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about that R at the JY ? wasn't that a 99 ? I also can't say for sure which models are compatible. Go on wikipedia and look up Volvo V70. They list all the models, years, engine and transmission types for all the V's throughout the P80 lifespan.
I did stop by at LKQ to check it out and found hole in it .Bummer. But at the same JY there is 2000 XC with approximate 150K. Will that one work??? And I found one in Indiana for $400 with 130K already pulled outc of 1999 V70 AWD.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The Indiana tranny i think would work being 99, AWD and if its a 4 speed. Not sure on the 00 XC at the JY. If its a 5 speed your ECU might get confused

·
Registered
16,525 Posts
That Indiana trans is the one to use. 2000 XC are also 4 speeds but the trans is slightly different.

·
Registered
16,525 Posts
Let me do some vin split checks in vida and report back

·
Registered
16,525 Posts
It looks like the transmissions may be the same, but I am seeing different torque converters for LPT and HPT, so you may need to swap yours over. Not very hard really.

PNP switch changes, so basically keep all the electrics from the car and put them on the new trans.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like the transmissions may be the same, but I am seeing different torque converters for LPT and HPT, so you may need to swap yours over. Not very hard really.

PNP switch changes, so basically keep all the electrics from the car and put them on the new trans.
Do I get your blessing/green light to pull the trigger? :)

·
Registered
16,525 Posts

·
Registered
15,898 Posts
Does nothing physically change on the trans for the 7 position shifter in 2000?

·
Registered
16,525 Posts

·
Registered
15,898 Posts
ah

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm sorry to be boring but, I found this info on Swedish forum
-192 was named 1208942 in production, for engine B5254T and B5244T - S70
-193 was named 1208943 in production, for engine B5234T8 - MY99 V70R
different torque converters - will reuse mine as SB suggested
same control system
same gears
there may be other differences in the box but it can not be seen in VIDA

I'm getting close, very close to bite the bullet.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts