SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 S60 T5 (B5234T3, M56) has been giving me some weird issues as of last night.

Noticed that my fuel consumption was around 15.4 L/100km, but usually I average around 10.8 L/100km. Noticed it jumping a lot today, and even on a short drive down my road the consumption jumped from 14.8 to 16.4 L/100km. In a parking lot, I let the car move at idle (~1000 rpm) and noticed the instantaneous fuel consumption was around 25 L/100km, which is usually around 4 times what it is normally.

I have been using the AC more often than normal, as I usually just drive with the windows down, but the jump wouldn't explain why I went from 14.8 to 16.4 just by going down my street.

Last night, when driving, I felt that the car was almost down on power, and was not accelerating as fast as it usually does. Perhaps this was placebo but I have only noticed the increased fuel consumption since last night.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
How old are your spark plugs? The car idles smoothly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So car does idle fine, but sometimes every now and then when sitting at a stop light it might drop a few hundred RPM. I just pulled the plugs today, and they look fine. No carbon build up or anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts