SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uh-oh. my check engine light came on just the other day. everything seemed to be running fine excpet at idle. there seemed to be a slight shutter while at a light, but when i was moving there seemed to be no problem. i was leaving work today and noticed the light was off and the shutter was gone. great! what a fantastic car, it fixed itself. on the way home there seemed to not be so much pick up and my turbo gauge was way into the left, even at full throtle it barley crossed the line. could this be a vacuum leak? and is it dangerous or harmful to keep driving it until i can fix the problem? any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
yes, sounds like a vac. leak. this would also cause the check engine light situation.

·
Registered
661 Posts
it could me the most notorious leak on those which is a small vacuum elbow on the left side (if youre looking at the engine head on) of the intake manifold. It's kind of hidden but if you look around you'll see what i'm talking about. Start the car up and let it idle, spray some brake clean around the intake manifold, injectors and all that, if the idle changes you have a leak somewhere around there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts