SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every month or 6 weeks, I get a error that said I have low coolant. I look in the reservoir and it does look a little low. So, I put in about a cup of coolant.

I don't see any leaks or dripping on the ground.

Looking for ideas where the coolant is going.

thanks,

·
Registered
668 Posts
Every month or 6 weeks, I get a error that said I have low coolant. I look in the reservoir and it does look a little low. So, I put in about a cup of coolant.

I don't see any leaks or dripping on the ground.

Looking for ideas where the coolant is going.

thanks,
My 06 V-8 just did this for the first time as well last week. In your case since you have the T6, I would be looking for water in the tranny fluid (it should be cherry red and not a strawberry milkshake), since that was one of the common causes of the T6 tranny issues. The other place to look is in the motor oil. Other causes are blown head gasket, cracked head, etc. It could also be a bad coolant resivor cap, but that is a long long long shot.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I assumed that he already checked the regular spots. Although at this point you should see some white powder near the leak if it was external.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Just had the radiator replaced in my R under CPO for exact symptoms... Low fluid and repeated top offs necessary. Ultimately, it was a slow leak which hid any traces of fluid pooling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts