SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys....im looking to losr some unnecessary weight on my 98 S70 T5M. What are some suggestions???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Go on a diet? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im only 165 lbs lol. Was wondering about things like carpet padding, tar sealer and stuff like that that cant be seen. Learned some of this stuff from the Mustang days!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Ok guys....im looking to losr some unnecessary weight on my 98 S70 T5M. What are some suggestions???

It would be better help if you could define 'unnecessary', racing -v- street will define this a bit closer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True...the car will remain street legal and driven regularly so im not gonna strip her down. Hopefully start seeing some track duty in the near future.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Under hood insulation, as well as the trunk, spare tire (@ your risk), drive with a 1/4 tank of gas.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
A/c

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You'll regret removing sound deadening. Maybe not initially, but it's gonna seem like a sh*tbox after a few weeks. These are nice cars when they're running! :p

Removing the underhood sound deadening also will make the hood extremely hot (you may not care) and the engine noise might be a little more prevalent. Instead of stripping your car, just add some real power, nice brakes, and some iPd swaybars to counteract the weight. :)

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Replace the spare donut with one of those "slime" kits (definitely do this on an AWD as the spare is pretty useless for the AWD components). Remove the scissor jack and tools as mentioned.

I wouldn't remove the sound deadening for the very reasons everyone else mentioned. You can get rid of the AC though you may regret that...headlight wiper motors (that'll save about 2 lbs ;) )

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry cant see my real sig as im on tapatalk, but i do have 15 psi tune, coilovers, sways, and all that good stuff.

Just unterested in dropping a few unnecessary pounds

Yep, sent from my rooted, rommed Galaxy Nexus....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same car as you and I am in the same process of trying to reduce weight. Haha many people on this forum bash on the idea and suggest making more power to compensate for our overweight cars, but weight doesn't just hurt acceleration but handling and braking as well. 1. SEATS!!! these things weight a ton. You can easily drop 100lbs depending on which seats you choose. 2. Battery. there are many aftermarket lightweight batteries out there that'll save you around 20-30 pounds. 3. Sunroof- When i had a 98 honda prelude i welded an aluminum panel in place of the sunroof and dropped 45 pounds, im thinking the s70's would be heavier because its larger. 4. Exhaust system- adds power and drops weight. 5. coilovers- better handling and drops weight. That's about 200 pounds, and still have all your creature comforts. good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts