SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Los Angeles trip this weekend, GTG anyone?

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Pete'S60R 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

So I'll be in the Los Angeles (Studio City) area this Memorial Day weekend for a short vacation.

Is anyone interested in a GTG on Saturday late morning/early afternoon? I'd love to meet some fellow Volvo R owners and their rides and talk shop!

Any suggestions on a location?

#2 ·
Re: Los Angeles trip this weekend, GTG anyone? (George @ ViVA)

Quote, originally posted by George @ ViVA »
Any suggestions on a location?

My one suggestion is a little ferther north of LA, I'm thinking..... Seattle? Does that work for you?

Oh well maybe next time.....

#8 ·

Might I be so bold as to suggest Cars and Coffee in Irvine? I know it's not LA and not late morning, but it's a fun car meet and would be cool to have some nice Volvos make a showing.

It's every saturday from 7am-9am at Ford HQ. http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

#9 ·
Re: Los Angeles trip this weekend, GTG anyone? (BumpinVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by BumpinVolvo »
Might I be so bold as to suggest Cars and Coffee in Irvine? I know it's not LA and not late morning, but it's a fun car meet and would be cool to have some nice Volvos make a showing.

It's every saturday from 7am-9am at Ford HQ. http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

Do a lot of Volvo's show up to this event?

#10 ·
Re: Los Angeles trip this weekend, GTG anyone? (mad matt)

Quote, originally posted by mad matt »

My one suggestion is a little ferther north of LA, I'm thinking..... Seattle? Does that work for you?

with in 2 years ill be moving to Seattle!! is it nice out there. any body expernce water damage to the Rs yet..?

#11 ·
Re: Los Angeles trip this weekend, GTG anyone? (mad matt)

Quote, originally posted by mad matt »

For furthur enticement, UNLIMITED BEER!

#13 ·

Honestly not really. More often than not there is a red 544, a white 122 wagon and a silver 242 flathood. Luciano has gone once or twice and his S60R garnered a fair amount of attention. Occasionally a 740 turbo and I've even seen a nice 855 wagon there, but not recently.

You won't hurt my feelings if you say no, i just wanted to throw the idea out there. You will see a lot of classics from muscle to vintage, quite a few exotics and a good mix in between. 3-400 cars usually cycle through there in the 2 hour period. Not to mention you'll be surrounded by a bunch of car nuts.

#14 ·
Re: Los Angeles trip this weekend, GTG anyone? (BumpinVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by BumpinVolvo »
Honestly not really. More often than not there is a red 544, a white 122 wagon and a silver 242 flathood. Luciano has gone once or twice and his S60R garnered a fair amount of attention. Occasionally a 740 turbo and I've even seen a nice 855 wagon there, but not recently.

You won't hurt my feelings if you say no, i just wanted to throw the idea out there. You will see a lot of classics from muscle to vintage, quite a few exotics and a good mix in between. 3-400 cars usually cycle through there in the 2 hour period. Not to mention you'll be surrounded by a bunch of car nuts.

I'm not sure how far the show is from where I'll be staying, but I'll keep it in mind. Although honestly, I'd prefer to meet some dedicated Volvo guys instead. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#16 ·

I'm not sure how far the show is from where I'll be staying, but I'll keep it in mind. Although honestly, I'd prefer to meet some dedicated Volvo guys instead. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
What general area are you gonna be staying in . Major cross streets

#18 ·
Re: (George @ ViVA)

It's about a 5 minute drive from the entrance to Universal Studios.

you mean my house.lol
Same here. Right near universal
i think the irvine event would be about a 40 minute or so drive depending on the usual(ie :traffic.....)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.