SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loosing a tiny bit of coolant. I see a very small amount under the car, but can’t figure where it is coming from. I’m pretty good at finding leaks, but these engines are so packed in and shields under it, so before I pull anything off tell me where it may be coming from. Just so i know in advance are there troubles with head gaskets on these engines?? It's an all stock 2.4T and not T5. Thanx ,Crossy
2002 S60 AWD.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Start woIth the water tank lines. Turbo water lines and a/c heater line.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Most likely radiator end tank. The coolant drips on the narrow sliver of a shield right under the radiator. The shield is very easy to remove to check it out. The worst case is that the radiator is leaking into the transmission cooler, it will kill the tranny.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'd begin with hoses then move to radiator end tanks which is really common, and then I'd check the reservoir. If you still can't find it, you can pick up UV dye from most autoparts stores. Also can you narrow down where under the car the leak is?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Headgaskets are pretty uncommon but anything is possible. Usually with a headgasket issue you will have a loss of coolant but no signs of leaks. Like Mika and Tstats said, the radiator endtanks are the first thing to look at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts