SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been an issue I have brought up before but have generally been ignoring b/c my commute generally doesn't involve freeway speeds. But I would like to take the car on a freeway road trip this wknd, and I read a few years ago about someone who was racing his S60 and had his sunroof glass fly off and shatter on the course.
The gist of the problem is that the 2 metal clips that reside on each rail just inboard of the accordions have both broken loose. I have them loose since if they remain in the track/rail area they move around and keep the sunroof from sliding. From what I have been able to deduce (correctly or not) is that they appear to lock the glass down to the body when the glass is closed, so without them, I fear that the low pressure over the roof of the car at speed could cause the glass to get pulled up and go flying off the car. I can find no way to secure them back on the rails and with the accordions in place it is really hard to verify the job they do, but I can tell you that with the glass closed, pushing up on the glass I can feel it give some and I can get to rattle in place.
Has anyone in the community (yet) to experience this and solve the problem or hear of it at all? The local indy doesn't have a fix for me either, so I am looking at taking the 326K mile van down to the Keys (800mi 1-way) instead of the car with the seats designed for drivers fatigue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts