SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone no how to get that "jiggle" out of the rear view mirror? Or have ever had there's come loose? Kind of rattles over bumps and I can physically find play in the mirror post where it seems to disapear under the map lights and switch. I have a feeling I need to take this apart and tighten something up.
Any Ideas? I don't see how to even take it apart. Maybe pry the cover off with a screwdriver? Kind of afraid to try right now.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: Loose mirror (Spearzy)

Spearzy,

The map light cluster can be removed by gently prying off the clear lamp lenses. Pry from the front where the indent is located and then gently remove. Once off there will be several fasteners holding the cover in place. The removal from there should be pretty much self-explanatory.

Cheers
Prospero

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Loose mirror (Prospero)

Wow thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know. I bought a service manual hoping all the little tid-bits would be included but, it is only major repair work I would likely have done by a professional anyway... Interesting for the knowledge aspect though.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Loose mirror (Prospero)

Thank-you Prospero. I fixed in about 20 min. because I took my merry time examining how it worked and the switch contactors (I've decided I'm going to turn my inside lights a different colour too).
Anyway, I popped off the clear lenses like you said and the light housing cover came off with clips and unfastening two T-10 torque screws (I hate torque screws). Two larger torque screws hold the mirror to the roof via a base plate so that came off. There is one large flat screw that holds the mirror up on two pins (all part of the base plate), it was loose causing the play. I tightened that and reassembled. Piece of cake!

[Modified by Spearzy, 4:30 PM 9-24-2002]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts