SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Any idea what the update contains? Is Apple Play part of the update?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have it confirmed. Software is now ready for prime time! Contact your dealers!
Can you give more information? Months ago Volvo announced that the November update would be rolled in starting week 46. In another thread a poster said that this has been moved to week 48. I would like to know as my car will be produced in week 47!

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I don't think what you are talking about is the 'big' update honestly.

Just called a dealership. There are updates out depending on ones VIN but the big update isn't out.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
No Apple CarPlay but fixes everything else
That's not "THE" November update. That's just an interim update. And I think it's been around a little while already. It doesn't "fixes everyone else." I think someone has been telling you stories.

Volvo has confirmed the real major update is still coming, hopefully starting to roll out at the end of the month.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Okie, we are not denying you have had a software update performed and that it fixed your problems. What we are saying is that the update you had performed is not the "big" November Sensus/CarPlay update.

Your dealer performed one or a few of the incremental software updates which have been rolled out since May to address some owners problems.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My software has been updated more than anyone else here. The new one finally works flawlessly. That's the rumor. Call it what you want. It's probably the 4th upgrade in the last month

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My software has been updated more than anyone else here. The new one finally works flawlessly. That's the rumor. Call it what you want. It's probably the 4th upgrade in the last month
How can you know "everything" is fixed when it just happened? I've owned my car almost 5.5 months and just today had a new issue for the first time that others reported over a month ago (the airbag failure alert notification). I didn't have many of the radio issues Paradox reported early on until a few months later, despite constant use, and similar with other issues. The point is, a lot of the glitches are sporadic, so only time can confirm they are gone. Perhaps the ones that were bothering you the most are gone. Perhaps time will prove they all are and if so, fantastic.

In any event, your post was about "the November update" referring to the major update expected from Volvo this month that includes CarPlay. By your own admission, it doesn't include CarPlay so this isn't that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Let us give Okie the benefit of doubt and test what he has got installed: Okie did you have any new functionality in the navigation software? It was listed as being one of the major components of the "november" update. In Europe the Apple Carplay SW (for non FE owners) is an optional item so I guess it may vary but the navigation software should be a good "test".

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I just dropped of my car to have the running boards removed. The dealer was not aware of the availability of the November update. He wrote up on the ticket to perform November update with CarPlay activation. I will report back what he finds out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
My car was in on 11/3 and received a software update. Still no individual driver profiles, nor ability to move the passenger seat from driver side, nor CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just dropped of my car to have the running boards removed. The dealer was not aware of the availability of the November update. He wrote up on the ticket to perform November update with CarPlay activation. I will report back what he finds out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I may, why are you removing the running boards? I opted not to get them in the first place.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
FWIW, my Volvo Sweden contact (who works in product development for Sensus), said the big update is still coming (but has not arrived yet).

Even better news, he confirmed that they will release something equivalent to a "release notes" that lists the changes in the new version, a question I had specifically asked. This is a major win and will make it much easier to identify what is fixed or added and help set all our expectations.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts