SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2005 S60 with titan wheels on it. I wanted Type R instead but found these first and sorta got convinced they are harder to find and just different so I went for it. i really do not know much about Volvos...so rather or not these wheels are worth anything or rare or whatever I dont know. I recently gave my father the car and he wants the factory 15 rims and tires back on there so I am looking to sell these and guy the 15s off craigslist or something. The titans are not bent or cracked but the paint is faded and scratched on some on the wheels...i wanted them black so it didnt matter to me anyway since I was going to paint them. I never got around to that so now they are just the factory color but don't look 100 percent....the tires have about 50% tread however. Im not looking to make a killing however I do know they are more desirable than Type Rs to people with certain models. I live in Fayetteville, NC and am looking for any advice or offers on the wheels. Like I said, i don't know much about Volvos so don't bash me if this is a dumb question...thanks Message or Text me 9102423704 if you have any ideas thanks again

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Hondas are Type Rs. :p (But seriously as a warning, there are some members on here who might hate you for life for calling a Volvo a type R) I assume you mean Volvo's Pegasus wheels? Titans definitely are not worth as much as Pegs.
Price is really dependent upon the condition of the wheels overall. Any bends or rash? You say they need to be repainted. Look in the wheels classifieds section for an idea of what other wheels are selling for.
50% tread life is good for a used tire, but what brand tires? Good summers are nice, all seasons are generally crap and might be better off removing and recycling those, rather than shipping a wheel w/ tire.

I bought a set of 17" Pegs in perfect condition with nearly new tires for $600
I bought a set of 18" Midirs in great condition with nearly new tires and TPMS for $500
I bought a set of 17" Sagittas in good condition with bald tires for $450
I bought a set of 18" TSWs brand new in the box for $500

I sold a set of 17" Sagittas with good tires for $600
I sold two sets of 16" Caligos with good tires for $400 per set
I sold a set of 18" Midirs without tires for $500

I would say you could probably list the wheels for $400-$450 depending on condition and tire brand, but be willing to drop the price to make a sale.
You do have a nice wheel design that many 850 owners may be interested in.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Titan wheels are 17x7 and came on 850s. They have no R on the spoke.

Pegasus wheels are 17x8 and came on S60R and V70R. The wheels have an R on the spoke and look similar to Titans.

IPD also made Pegasus replicas in a variety of sizes

Then there are Triton wheels, which are a 18x7.5 two-piece basketweaveish design, and look completely different from the five spoke Titan and Pegasus.

Determining which wheels they are and posting pictures will help you get them sold.

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Please post some pics so we can see what you have. I may be interested as some spares for my '95 T-5R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts