SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am currently looking to pick up a 1999 c70 manual as a project car. I am trying to learn about the car before I make a decision. And have a couple questions:

1) what should I look for when looking at it?
2) what is the aftermarket for handling suspension, not looking for stance?
3)how do you tune them? I am coming from Saab’s which I had a local tuner that did it, and the Focus ST that used Cobb.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,318 Posts
Look for oil leaks and a weird clutch engagement.

Loads of good suspension options from lowering springs up to adjustable coilovers and even factory Ohlins.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One thing to bear in mind with C70's is that body panels and big interior pieces(door cards, etc) are unique to the C70. I picked up my 99 manual a few months ago. Great car, I love it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing to bear in mind with C70's is that body panels and big interior pieces(door cards, etc) are unique to the C70. I picked up my 99 manual a few months ago. Great car, I love it.
Nice have you done anything to it yet?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice have you done anything to it yet?

Not really any modifications as of yet, other than some silicon hoses for the TCV from IPD and some aftermarket rims I had kicking around. Most of my time spent with this car so far has been fixing things that the previous owner neglected. Also replaced the TCV itself along with a new vvt solenoid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts