SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So shortly I'll be getting Phuzz FMIC installed.. I'm looking to get ipd throttle inlet tubing (IPD ITEM NUMBER 120196) and Turbo air inlet kit(IPD ITEM NUMBER 115526).. My list of mods are Listed beloW in the signature.. Just curious to ask if these will bolt up with phuzz FMIC and the elevate AMS and If you guys do have these are they worth it? Matt if you reading this let me know cause you'll be installing them hopefully:D

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O ok do you know anything about the other one then? I have to buy some stuff from ipd as these guys are always so helpful on the phone.. SO If theirs any ipd guys here let me know what's cool to get and Ill buy it!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I myself just bought the turbo air inlet kit. It's originally a SNABB part, and after reading countless reviews, that is by far the most bang-for-buck part to get: more spool noise and better throttle response at low RPMs sum it all up.

My IPD order included other stuff like silicone lines for replacement, you'd definitely want to replace them to ensure no leak.

·
Registered
919 Posts
If you're thinking about buying the ipd silicone piping from the air box to the turbo you might want to wait a few weeks.

I've heard a rumor they're coming out with a kit that may or may not replace the turbo to ic pipe as well as the air box to turbo, and have a port for a recirc BOV on the inlet pipe.

So if you're interested in that, the current item they have for sale would be unnecessary and take up the same spot. If you can wait a little while...

·
Registered
998 Posts
I don't think they're replacing the turbo inlet pipe (or silicone piping from air box to the turbo). They are coming out with a new charge air pipe (or OTE pipe) that yes, has a recirc BOV.

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
I don't think they're replacing the turbo inlet pipe (or silicone piping from air box to the turbo). They are coming out with a new charge air pipe (or OTE pipe) that yes, has a recirc BOV.
What's the point of a recirc bov vs our cbv? How different is the sound?

I kno it all depends on what they do?

But help me out with my curiosity

·
Registered
998 Posts
What's the point of a recirc bov vs our cbv? How different is the sound?

I kno it all depends on what they do?

But help me out with my curiosity
I'm not an expert on this, but AFAIK, the recirc bov has more potential to "blow-off" the extra air, and often times, louder too, when compared to our stock cbv.

There's also something about it being beneficial for the air being released somewhere further up the stream as compared to down stream, I'm sure someone can chime in on this.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I'm getting the FMIC installed in september so I can hold of in those parts especially if their coming out with something new.. Can someone from IPD give us a heads up?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm not an expert on this, but AFAIK, the recirc bov has more potential to "blow-off" the extra air, and often times, louder too, when compared to our stock cbv.

There's also something about it being beneficial for the air being released somewhere further up the stream as compared to down stream, I'm sure someone can chime in on this.
I'd be interested in whether a claim on that was based on pressure measurements at the two points (old and new) in the system, or just someone's reasoning.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Read entire marketing pitch, didn't see any claims of experiments done to measure actual conditions at the points of interest. I'd not that I disbelieve (or believe) that location A might be better than location B, but for someone to claim it, especially an aftermarket reseller, I'd like to see their evidence where they have proven the league of engineers who designed the cars to be wrong.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think it does replace that piece because it would have an integrated port to receive the "blow off" from the hot side IC piping

1 - 13 of 13 Posts