SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm looking to buy a c70 in the UK. Now for my price range of around £2500 - £3000 I can only find C70s with the 2.4i engine at a decent mileage, or C70s with the T5 engine at just over 100k miles if I want a car with a manual transmission.

What are people's thoughts on the 2 engines? I've read many posts before saying to people to sell the 2.4i and get a T5. I am coming from a 75bhp diesel MINI however, so I imagine both will seem quick in comparison?

Would it be a wise decision to go for a T5 with just over 100,000 miles on the clock?

Many thanks for reading!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
T5 will last lot longer than 100,000 if it’s taken care of... make sure you replace the timing belt at/before 120,000 or ten years, whichever comes sooner...

At that kind of mileage you’ll be likely be looking at replacing engine mounts, control arms etc fairly soon if they haven’t been done already....

Don’t see many (any) C’s with the 2.4i this side of the pond, have driven a 2.4 S40 and it’s no snail, although the extra weight of the 70 will not help in that department... also I believe the T5 is in a higher road tax bracket than the 2.4 - not sure if that would be a factor for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts