SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've got a 2001 S60 T5 manual that I run in 24 hours of lemons. It runs great (ish)! However in the last race, we killed the transmission. While I have everything out, I want to replace the harder to get at motor mounts with stiffer ones. I've found poly bushings for all the motor mounts except for the hydraulic front and rear engine mounts.

Does anyone know of any stiffer front and rear engine mounts? I don't care about ride quality, we're wearing helmets and only racing for a few hours in a stint.
Do I even need to think about this?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
No. Just install poly all around, Delrin subframe bushings, and include the upper engine X bar bushing to make that still too.

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Use R model hydraulic mounts.

Full poly and delrin elsewhere as JRL suggested.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just Going to mention that on a recent suspension rebuild I tried to save money and used "Professional Parts Sweden" hydraulic mounts on my 2001 V70 and the results were nothing short of complete disappointment. Very Hard! Car Buzzed and rattled...Engine RPM was transmitted throughout cabin. Very un-Volvo like.
All smooth now with original Volvo and very expensive mounts,, complete transformation with only that one change.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you need good replacement of original parts you need to use motor mounts from Hatchson.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just Going to mention that on a recent suspension rebuild I tried to save money and used "Professional Parts Sweden" hydraulic mounts on my 2001 V70 and the results were nothing short of complete disappointment. Very Hard! Car Buzzed and rattled...Engine RPM was transmitted throughout cabin. Very un-Volvo like.

Hope that helps
Sounds like exactly what I want. I basically want everything as stiff as possible, I'm not really looking for longevity either. I think the car will only have 10k more hard miles on it, as its track only now.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts