SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Im looking to replace a few cosmetic pieces from my S40 but am at a loss to what they're called, so I haven't been able to find them so far. Would be super grateful if someone could tell me their exact name or even better the Volvo reference number. It's the plastic pieces that hold the carpet in place (under the glove compartment), the plastic pieces under the hood holding the front bumper, and the rubbery band under the passenger side front window (window trim?) which looks pretty bad from years of direct sunlight. For this trim, how would I go about replacing it?

Thanks so much!

Pics:
https://ibb.co/qxzhBFH
https://ibb.co/4sLVJdc
https://ibb.co/jGJP1Rt

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Funny, these are three items that I grabbed at the junkyard on one of my excursions.
I'd look them up but my VIDAS is not working.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
What year is your car? The door piece is called the "Belt Weatherstrip" and it's not available from Volvo for the early models. Part #s right/left are 31253001/31253000. For the late ones, they are, right/left are 30799369/30799368.

Sorry, no idea what part # are those carpet clips. They don't really do much, the carpets are quite stiff and pretty much stay put on their own. The clips basically just push on to a little stud on the body.

Those front bumper clips are not listed correctly in the Volvo parts catalog, I had a heck of a time finding them for my '05.

The ones that didn't fit (much too small) were 6849584 "Bumper Cover Plug"

The ones that did fit (identical to original) were 3541113 "Head Air Bag Clip"

Go figure.

A great source for Volvo parts and parts research is www.tascaparts.com many of us use them. It's not perfect though, those bumper clips for example. But that's Volvo's issue.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Well you didn't answer my question as to model and year, so I can't offer an opinion if you have the right part. But I've no idea how to install it, mine are fine (though the car has been garaged outdoors for all 15 years!) and I've never done the job. Also, VIDA says nothing but "remove the weatherstrip" and "install the weatherstrip". My guess is they snap into some kind of channel from the glass side, and are held in place by the glass.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Hmm. That part number (31297661) says it fits from chassis #465521 in the US parts sources, your 2006 is definitely not that. I'm not sure the newer parts fit the older cars. But if Skandix promises it fits, and backs that up, I guess go for it and let us know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point, I just noticed the additional info on the webpage: It is also necessary to replace the rear trim at models with chassis number under -465520, which is definitely my case. I guess I'll have to find the whole set somewhere else, 93 euros for a damned rubber and plastic bar is quite outrageous if you ask me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts