SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping some on here have taken photos of their AWD at aome point. I'd like to gather reference images for my eventual AWD conversion of the C30.

Axles, AG, DS & hangers / carriers / exhaust layout, rear suspension , fuel cell, Haldex, and so on - I've already found that there are axle variants without any obvious explaination ( different carrier on the block, maybe?) anyway, if any of you have taken pics, it would be great to see. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts

Exhaust layout

Systeem in real life

Hope you can use it in some way

·
Registered
66 Posts
The last picture is my car, the exhaust picture is one i saved as a example for when i'm doing my own exhaust next spring.
I wouldn't put a AWD systeem on the car, at first i liked it but it's heavy, it's prone to break down (mine is ruined), can't handle much power and the car still behaves as FWD.
But if you need more pictures or information about maintenance let me know, the car is on the lift next week (AWD issues).

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last picture is my car, the exhaust picture is one i saved as a example for when i'm doing my own exhaust next spring.
I wouldn't put a AWD systeem on the car, at first i liked it but it's heavy, it's prone to break down (mine is ruined), can't handle much power and the car still behaves as FWD.
But if you need more pictures or information about maintenance let me know, the car is on the lift next week (AWD issues).
My old wagon (98 V70) was AWD (mechanical) - that system held up to 500AWHP, with a 50/50 torque split front to rear, once I got over 350AWHP. Perhaps the Haldex version is innately weaker, even if it is better in terms of not being as susceptible to tire OD variations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts