SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The P1 17" pegasus came in a dark grey/gunmetal and I am curious if anyone has photos of a black V70R with the 18" pegs done in the darker grey. I am considering doing this but would like to see some photos first. TIA. I have tried searching for it but to my surprise, no results.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Only RED 18s sorry and it's P2 not P1. :facepalm:
17s came in SILVER BRIGHT ONLY, the 18s came in both colors, silver and titanium
Man, you need to get your facts straight if you actually own an R

·
Registered
272 Posts
Man, you need to get your facts straight if you actually own an R
Not much room in his throat now that you've jumped down it? Jeez.... :(

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
One mistake is fine but not TWO giant ones

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
wtf is this lol

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I never said our cars weren't P2. I said the P1 wheel color on a V70R (like as in my 04 V70R which I never called a P1). I was talking about the color pegs that came on the T5-R and 850R. As in anyone had their wheels powdercoated in the darker grey.

Sorry to have upset the Volvo gods. I thought our gen/chassis were the P2 and that the first gen were P1 (850 & early V70). I am still fairly new to Volvo so if anything I only messed up calling a T5-R/850R a P1 if that isn't the case. I am a BMW guy first and foremost so I have had time to remember all the chassis numbers and am learning Volvo. I also haven't had the time to make 49k posts here so I am not as wise as you. Maybe you can see that I have only been on for a few months. If the 17's came in silver only, then what color were the ones on my 94 850 pictured below? They sure don't look like silver to me. I got my license in 95 and can remember the wheel color was what drew me to them. Not only that, but when I talk to wheel collision about getting the 18" wheels done in the 95 17" pegasus color, the salesman confirmed, "you mean the darker grey?" Perhaps you can remember a time when you didn't know everything and can see how I could make a mistake, cupcake.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can ask 10 people what color that is and you will get anthracite, gunetal, charcoal, dark grey etc. But if that's the actual factory name for it, then thank you for clearing that up.

That's the old TV station at Church Hill. This is the view behind it.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I never said our cars were P2. I said the P1 wheel color on a V70R (like as in my 04 V70R which I never called a P1). I was talking about the color pegs that came on the T5-R and 850R. As in anyone had their wheels powdercoated in the darker grey.
Umm..... that would be either P80 or GEN 1 (so you're still incorrect)!:facepalm:
A P1 is the newer S40-V50 chassis

and the wheel you're referring to is called a TITAN not a PEG.
Titans are 7" wide, PEGS which are slightly different are 8" wide..
Again, if you got your terminology straight I would not have to make these comments and you would see more pictures
and CUPCAKE have some respect for your elders when you're wrong

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You could have pointed that out in your original post rather than being a prick to a new member. It seemed pretty obvious regardless of how I screwed it up that I was looking for photos of 18" pegs in a dark grey/anthracite finish on a V70R. I will give respect when it's received.

But, my apologies to all offended for messing up the chassis and wheel designations.. Still learning

So to clarify, I was looking for pictures of the Titan Anthracite color on the 18" pegasus wheel on a black V70R. Hopefully I am allowed to call it black as I am sure there is another name for it.

Thanks for the info petew. I appreciate the input as well.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Umm..... that would be either P80 or GEN 1 (so you're still incorrect)!:facepalm:
A P1 is the newer S40-V50 chassis

and the wheel you're referring to is called a TITAN not a PEG.
Titans are 7" wide, PEGS which are slightly different are 8" wide..
Again, if you got your terminology straight I would not have to make these comments and you would see more pictures
and CUPCAKE have some respect for your elders when you're wrong
You have to stop peeing in your Cheerios in the morning it makes you come off as shall we say " grumpy".

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just placed my order with Wheel Collision. 4 18" pegasus wheels powdercoated in the T5-R Titan anthracite finish. Thanks for all the helpful info everyone. I will add photos here next week when I get them on the car.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Careful with them.
They may (usually do) paint that color in a semi-gloss clear.
PEGS and Titans have a FLAT finish and are not powder coated
I actually gave them a can of 934 Volvo spray paint to match. They didn't remotely come close to matching it (MUCH darker), they didn't even try plus they gave those wheels a semi gloss finish when I told them flat
They were not PEGS or Titans so I let it pass, they were Perfos

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hmmm. I don't know what to do then. They are doing powdercoat base finish on the wheel, base color with actual paint (that they said they were using the actual Volvo color) and then powdercoat clear. I was mainly going for the color and not necessarily the finish. My only concern for the flat would be difficulty of keeping them clean. My existing silver wheels are kind of flat and are a total PITA to clean. Luckily I have a little time to decide. I just e-mailed to inquire about the different finishes available with powdercoat. I just want them to be more durable and easier to clean.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Edit: My rear passenger wheel is a new OEM wheel and it's a glossy finish??

Also my apologies for getting snarky with you the other day. Seems we were both just having bad days.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I was looking at yours and like them but they are just a tad darker than what I would want. Thanks for responding to my PM so quickly.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a set of wheels done by them a few years ago and they looked absolutely amazing!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts