SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

I am an S60 owner looking for people with other P2 cars who might be interested in purchasing chassis braces for their cars. I have already garnered some interest from threads I have started on the S60 and R forums. We have about 15 people right now. I am trying to generate the numbers needed for VIVA Performance to offer another promotion or possible group buy on these braces, which are made by Ultra Racing.

The braces can be found at the VIVA website here:
http://www.vivaperformance.com/lower-front-brace-s60-v70-s80-classic/
http://www.vivaperformance.com/lower-rear-brace-s60-v70-s80-fwd/
http://www.vivaperformance.com/strut-tower-brace-s60-v70/

For those who don't know, the UR chassis braces are an easy way to improve the handling of your P2 car. They sharpen the steering response and make the car much more nimble. A thread containing accounts of these braces in use can be found here:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?172305-Ultra-Racing-Upper-amp-Lower-Braces-Review

Here is a review from member prienzo:

"First, I installed the front upper brace. This made the car immediately feel much more planted and created a firmer ride. From a comfort standpoint, it was slightly harsher, but definitely not even close to unbearable. It made the car feel much tighter in turns as well.

After driving with just the front brace installed for about a month, I installed the rear upper brace. This made the car feel even tighter around turns and made the rear seem like it was willing to come out a little more. It once again made the ride slightly harsher, but not bad.

I drove with the front and rear braces in for about a month, and today installed the lower front and lower rear braces. I have spent a few hours today driving around and putting the car through its paces. First off, I had read in other reviews that the ride would be rough when hitting uneven road and bumps. This is certainly NOT the case for me. I feel like the car glides over bumps now and feels much smoother. I would say that the ride comfort since installing all 4 is better than when just the upper braces were installed.

Secondly, the car feels comfortably tight. There is no more looseness on the road, especially over bumps. Taking turns at high (but legal :p) speeds is amazing. The body roll is definitely still there and I was not expecting this to go away without sways. However, it feels flatter and there is definitely more control. The most drastic difference can be seen in aggressive lane changing. By aggressive lane changing, I mean going from one lane to the other as quickly as possible . Without any braces, the car has serious flex and feels very loose. With the upper braces, this was made substantially better. However, with the lower braces, it is absolutely ridiculous how flat the car seemingly stays. More importantly, control is never sacrificed.

Lastly, ground clearance is not an issue with the lower braces. They do not hang lower than the (stock) exhaust.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the braces and happy I installed all 4."

Here are comments from member kmg_S60R:

"First off my only regret is not doing this sooner. The car feels extremely tight and very nimble. I have another S60R that is completely stock and the difference literally is night and day. I went for a little drive through some back roads and I can't even begin to think that I am going to be able to push this car to it's limit without the aid of an autocross course, race track, or seriously breaking some state laws, and at that point speeds would be scary fast! Feed back is incredible and the steering wheel has gained an incredible sense of connection that always seemed to be lacking before. Quick in town corners are a new pleasure, I can't believe adding the three addition braces (both lowers and rear upper) made such a difference. The R litterally handles that amazing! Body roll is non exsistent, and any hesitation during turn-in is gone. As mentioned if you haven't done it or are thinking about it, do it. I don't ever plan on lowering the car, but from what I have heard of lowering springs bringing to the equation I imagine it would only make the R feel more like a go kart than a Swedish Sedan, as if to me it almost didn't feel like it handled like one already."

So if anybody is interested, please respond to this thread and specify which braces you would buy. I will organize the names and send them to VIVA. Ordering would still have to be done individually.

Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Also interested. Front, Rear, and Strut tower. There is so much flex in the wagons that my doors squeek going around bends on the highway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The promotion is underway! Check the VIVA Performance website for details. You may have to get on their email list for the newsletter to see the details. There is a 20% off promotion code for any of the UR braces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts