SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://www.vivaperformance.com/genuine-volvo-19-polestar-winter-wheel-2015-2016-years/

https://www.vivaperformance.com/genuine-volvo-19-polestar-winter-wheel-2017-2018-years/

I am considering buying a set of 19" official winter wheels for my 2018 S60 Polestar. Does anyone have the official Volvo part numbers for one or both of the above wheels? Thanks a lot!

PS: I recall having seen one Volvo part number in one of the threads here on Swedespeed, but not sure if it was the 2015/2016 or 2017/2018.

Thanks in advance for the help! I want to shop around and Tasca (who I used years ago for another Volvo) seems to typically have the best prices, but they do not have photos or even much of a description on their site, so without knowing the exact part number I could be ordering the wrong rims...

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
The first one is 31408850 and the second one is 31435954. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think you also asked about options for winter wheelsets elsewhere. I got 19inch P* rims and Pirelli Sotto Zero tires from selling dealer for a bit shy of $4K all inclusive. Your Viva link priced at about $750. My rims looks a little grayer, not as silver. Doing some quick math Viva seems comparable to the dealer or maybe a tad more.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you also asked about options for winter wheelsets elsewhere. I got 19inch P* rims and Pirelli Sotto Zero tires from selling dealer for a bit shy of $4K all inclusive. Your Viva link priced at about $750. My rims looks a little grayer, not as silver. Doing some quick math Viva seems comparable to the dealer or maybe a tad more.
Good point, thanks. Yes, dealers would be best bet in that case so I can have them install everything as well. Going to shop around first, including checking Tasca. Will update on the dedicated thread for that and see if anyone knows any sellers I may be overlooking...

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
The '15.5-16 19's have really come down in price, like $355 ea at Tasca - that is really cheap. I may grab a set.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just to double check / confirm, before I make my decision, will the older wheels (2015-2016 19" Polestar winter wheel) also fit newer (2018 in my case) S60 Polestar vehicles?
(Bonus question) Do they both have the same brake caliper clearance?

Aside from the price advantage, my wife and I both prefer the look of the older one (nothing wrong with the newer one either though). Just hope the older ones will be available for years to come in case I need a replacement down the road.

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
Just to double check / confirm, before I make my decision, will the older wheels (2015-2016 19" Polestar winter wheel) also fit newer (2018 in my case) S60 Polestar vehicles?
(Bonus question) Do they both have the same brake caliper clearance?

Aside from the price advantage, my wife and I both prefer the look of the older one (nothing wrong with the newer one either though). Just hope the older ones will be available for years to come in case I need a replacement down the road.
They should fit - brakes were not changed over the P3 P* run. I like the older one too - something a little different for the winter.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They should fit - brakes were not changed over the P3 P* run. I like the older one too - something a little different for the winter.
Thanks Wayne! Just did not want to order them only to find out they are not compatible and have to go through the hassle of dismounting the tires and returning the wheels since it would only become apparent after they are mounted.
I wonder if anyone here has actually used these older (2015-2016) Volvo OEM winter wheels on the newer P* cars (2017/2018).

Right, a nice difference and they actually resemble the wheels used on the original concept very limited run (6 made) P* (508 HP version).

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
Thanks Wayne! Just did not want to order them only to find out they are not compatible and have to go through the hassle of dismounting the tires and returning the wheels since it would only become apparent after they are mounted.
I wonder if anyone here has actually used these older (2015-2016) Volvo OEM winter wheels on the newer P* cars (2017/2018).

Right, a nice difference and they actually resemble the wheels used on the original concept very limited run (6 made) P* (508 HP version).
You should just buy the set that's in the classifieds. If you do then I won't have to think about it!;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should just buy the set that's in the classifieds. If you do then I won't have to think about it!;)
Thanks for the tip! Reached out to the seller regarding condition.
Sent you a PM regarding my thoughts about the remaining tread depth...

·
Registered
133 Posts
The '15.5-16 19's have really come down in price, like $355 ea at Tasca - that is really cheap. I may grab a set.
If you can get you local Volvo dealer to match other Volvo dealer's price and add a $200 Volvo rebate (30% off parts and accessory) it would be even sweeter :)

https://parts.courtesyvolvocarsofscottsdale.com/oem-parts/volvo-aluminum-rim-31408850

I'm planning to switch to 19's after my current tires are worn out. Let me know if you find a better price for the old design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts