SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in another thread and tried searching with no luck. My stuff is already on order so hoping to find this asap. I could have sworn I came across one in the last month or two but haven't been able to find it since. TIA

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I will try and check that out on my phone as I blocked from eBay at work and I get horrible cell service. My best friend found this but only the image and no info. Is it one of these on the bottom left?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
the ebay links have several different places selling it. I'd contact BVV and see if you can get oem. I ran across an older thread where John provided the part for someone else.-->he's great to work with and kind find anything within volvo parts catalog. My concern would be getting a good color match for aftermarket. if it didn't match i know it would bug me.

examples look like this: The ebay ones run about 30 bucks and change, w/ 30 day returns on some.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which member is John? Perhaps I can PM him if he hasn't seen this. Thanks for the prompt response! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Which member is John? Perhaps I can PM him if he hasn't seen this. Thanks for the prompt response! Much appreciated.
john is parts guy at bvv (volvo dealer east coast)

otherwise like ydowork states, crutchfield or he already found the part # for oem. you could hit up tasca to see if they have it cheaper there.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!!! Odd how when you put the R in the vehicle selection it doesn't come back with anything.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks!!! Odd how when you put the R in the vehicle selection it doesn't come back with anything.
Crutchfield is having some issues it seems. You'll discover that finding the R's on many vendor sites can be tricky. Volvopartswebstore is a great resource for OEM part numbers and diagrams...especially if you don't have a copy of VIDA handy. Their prices are pretty good...but tasco, rock auto and John at BVV are all good places to look too. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems John no longer works there..

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great catch! I didn't even notice.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Seems John no longer works there..
thats a shame, he knew his stuff and helped me many times track down tricky parts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a Datsun guy like that at Lynchburg Nissan. Great resources like that are hard to come by. Most parts guys don't have the passion and don't care.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will try and check that out on my phone as I blocked from eBay at work and I get horrible cell service. My best friend found this but only the image and no info. Is it one of these on the bottom left?

if you are looking for the panel in the lower left, I have a new one that I bought from Taaca but can't use as I have an 07. Make an offer.

·
Registered
57 Posts

I have the bottom left....but im keeping it till the day i die, lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Scosche makes a double din bezel for the R that matches perfectly. I bought it on Amazon. Thats what I'm using in mine but I have an 05. It a scosche VO4152B but I'm sure thes one for the 04 as well. I actually used a lot of there stuff for the install. You should consider a Paser unit to keep your steering wheel controls. It's made in Italy but there's a distributor in PA here in the US.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The guy doing my install decided he wants to modify a stock Volvo faceplate and is keeping the steering wheel controls. He just did a standard V70 and said he made it look complety factory. He is amazing at custom installs and I have known him for 15 years+. Thanks for all the great info everyone.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
For anyone else still shopping, that picture is from my V70 thread, linked in my signature. In that thread I have part numbers for the pieces. The only problem is that one is gray and won't match an 04. I believe there is one for an 04 in black but I don't have any info on it. The dealer I talked to pointed out that it was from their accessory catalog to allow factory nav before they had the pop up nav screen.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts