SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im looking for an R and ive had some luck finding some, i want a SR 6MT preferably 04 or an 06, and im not sure if i can settle with an Auto

Anyone here have any input on how an automatic drives? how about the transmission?
Just looking for some headsup advice before i pull the trigger on one.

Thanks, Ty

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you are going to get an auto the 2006-2007 R's are the ones to go for. They have the six speed auto as opposed to the 2004-2005's five speed, as well as they are not torque limiting like the earlier models were.
I have a 2006 auto and love it. I told myself when I was looking for my next car (before buying my R) that it would have to be a manual but after driving the R in an auto I didn't car lol
I had also drove a manual R which I will admit is a BLAST to drive....BUT they are harder to find. The auto was also a little more practical for me at least.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
MightyQ still has his magic blue 06 6mt with sport kit and a host of other tasteful mods on SS classifieds. He's in VA.

·
Registered
386 Posts
So im looking for an R and ive had some luck finding some, i want a SR 6MT preferably 04 or an 06, and im not sure if i can settle with an Auto

Thanks, Ty
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/d...ASC&resultCar=null&first_record=126&cardist=0

here is my old car in st louis missouri. It was well taken care of. It had some issues but all the major stuff we know about on these boards have been replaced under the CPO warrenty. Most of all, the inside is uber clean. I am a nazzi about the inside of my cars.

I did not do the timing belt yet. Then next repairs needed will be a clutch (when ever that is) and shocks and struts (whenever they go)

new brakes, new radiator, new tranny, new turbo controll valve, new fuel pressure sensor. I know for a fact they have room to move on the $12,995 they have the car listed for.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If you are going to get an auto the 2006-2007 R's are the ones to go for. They have the six speed auto as opposed to the 2004-2005's five speed, as well as they are not torque limiting like the earlier models were.
I have a 2006 auto and love it. I told myself when I was looking for my next car (before buying my R) that it would have to be a manual but after driving the R in an auto I didn't car lol
I had also drove a manual R which I will admit is a BLAST to drive....BUT they are harder to find. The auto was also a little more practical for me at least.
+1 on the '06/'07 auto - I also 'settled' for an '07 auto VR (hesitating because I'm really not fond of the AW 5-speed on our '02 S60 AWD) but with an IPD Stage I tune it is a BLAST to drive: VERY snappy and responsive. My right hand still reaches to change gears every now and then, but the tiptronic works well enough on curves and hills and the convenience in stop-and-go traffic more than makes up for a few minor annoyances.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is a 06 SR in Black with Nord and an auto in Central Ohio that was for sale. The guy is moving to Cali and was looking to sell. 25K on it and with no exaggeration "it is perfect" Tons of upgrades and adult owned, garage kept. It's the car that got me interested in a R. here's his list of mods

1) Viva Performance turbo upgrade - $2,299
2) TME turbo back exhaust - $2,000, plus ceramic coating for the downpipe - $150
3) Plasma Direct coil packs - $985
4) Rica Stage III ECU upgrade - $895
5) Garrett front mount intercooler - $595
6) Compressor bypass valve upgrade - $159
7) NGK Iridium plugs - $54
8) Snabb turbo intake pipe - $159
9) Match ported (by me) and ceramic coated exhaust manifold - $100
10) Setrab external engine oil cooler plus Aeroquip lines - $500
11) Volvo factory external transmission cooler with Magnefine filter - $759
12) Stainless steel brake lines - $140
13) IPD cold air intake hose kit - $89
14) TME suspension springs - $469

pretty awesome car to drive. I passed as I was looking for a VR. I can see if it is still for sale.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MightyQ still has his magic blue 06 6mt with sport kit and a host of other tasteful mods on SS classifieds. He's in VA.
I saw it aha trust me, but i think he hasn't been on in 2 months, and his AP is a little high for what im going for. But thank you for the headsup.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've got a 2004 S60R 6spd for sale :). 115k, come get it! $9500 takes it.
Its a little hard since im on the east coast :( BUT perhaps there is a way...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a 06 SR in Black with Nord and an auto in Central Ohio that was for sale. The guy is moving to Cali and was looking to sell. 25K on it and with no exaggeration "it is perfect" Tons of upgrades and adult owned, garage kept. It's the car that got me interested in a R. here's his list of mods

1) Viva Performance turbo upgrade - $2,299
2) TME turbo back exhaust - $2,000, plus ceramic coating for the downpipe - $150
3) Plasma Direct coil packs - $985
4) Rica Stage III ECU upgrade - $895
5) Garrett front mount intercooler - $595
6) Compressor bypass valve upgrade - $159
7) NGK Iridium plugs - $54
8) Snabb turbo intake pipe - $159
9) Match ported (by me) and ceramic coated exhaust manifold - $100
10) Setrab external engine oil cooler plus Aeroquip lines - $500
11) Volvo factory external transmission cooler with Magnefine filter - $759
12) Stainless steel brake lines - $140
13) IPD cold air intake hose kit - $89
14) TME suspension springs - $469

pretty awesome car to drive. I passed as I was looking for a VR. I can see if it is still for sale.
He is probably gonna be looking for a steep price, which is understandable, but im on a budget :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/d...ASC&resultCar=null&first_record=126&cardist=0

here is my old car in st louis missouri. It was well taken care of. It had some issues but all the major stuff we know about on these boards have been replaced under the CPO warrenty. Most of all, the inside is uber clean. I am a nazzi about the inside of my cars.

I did not do the timing belt yet. Then next repairs needed will be a clutch (when ever that is) and shocks and struts (whenever they go)

new brakes, new radiator, new tranny, new turbo controll valve, new fuel pressure sensor. I know for a fact they have room to move on the $12,995 they have the car listed for.
Hmm how low are you thinking they will go? And getting to Missouri is going to be hard.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well its alot of money, and you dont know for sure how the car runs and drives just from someone's word over the phone.

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you want something different then everyone else then, hmmm, how should I it it, it's gonna cost you.. Now if you just want what everyone else want then you have hundreds of choices.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you want something different then everyone else then, hmmm, how should I it it, it's gonna cost you.. Now if you just want what everyone else want then you have hundreds of choices.
Very true

·
Registered
974 Posts
I had mine checked out by a SS member after it went through an inspection or PPI by an unbiased mechanic
Sorry to get off track here but, how that deal coming for you? When are you getting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts