SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an expert diagnostician for my 1999 v70. The car hesitates intermittently and unpredictably, sometimes it stalls. Sounds like an ETM problem. Last year, about 15K miles back, it was happening a lot. The dealer in Summit refused to admit there was a problem. I changed the fuel filter and spark plugs, and the problem "went away" for 15K miles ... but now the car hesitates at normal speeds and I'm afraid the problem is back. I'd like a root cause diagnosis. My fear is that the Summit dealer only wants to be paid, but is remarkably incompetent.<p>I would be thankful for any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
2 best bets are:<p>Highbloom Auto in Nutley, NJ. Nick, the owner, is a Master Volvo tech and was the shop foreman at a local dealer. He's honest, a great guy and does top notch work.<p>Rawbear Performance in Clifton, NJ. Robert, the owner, is extremely skilled and is very old school in terms of fixing things rather than just replacing parts. It's also a very quirky shop with many conversation pieces and your mind will always be stimulated there.<p>I wouldn't hesitate to go to either of these shops.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: (Big Will)

Sounds like an ETM problem. <p>If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck............<p><br>Case closed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts