SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop working on my R threw away my Eurosport Tuning Touring exhaust. I'm pissed to say the least. I was extremely happy with the exhaust and they offered to order a replacement, but they are back ordered until February. Anyone have a eurosport exhaust they want to sell me? Or any other ideas?

The shop offered to try and "remake" it as well, which I'm sure they can make something that will work. But i doubt it will sound the same. I really prefer a non-droning semi-quiet exhaust to drive clients around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
The shop working on my R threw away my Eurosport Tuning Touring exhaust. I'm pissed to say the least. I was extremely happy with the exhaust and they offered to order a replacement, but they are back ordered until February. Anyone have a eurosport exhaust they want to sell me? Or any other ideas?

The shop offered to try and "remake" it as well, which I'm sure they can make something that will work. But i doubt it will sound the same. I really prefer a non-droning semi-quiet exhaust to drive clients around.

https://www.vivaperformance.com/tme-exhaust-system-s60r-v70r/

The TME exhaust on my S60R is very nice, it lets you know its there, but it’s not really loud unless you get on it. I’d put it at like 30-40% louder then a stock exhaust, and 50% quieter then an iPD exhaust if you’ve ever heard one. Main downside is price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. I forgot about the TME. At this point the shop is paying for whatever I decide, so not super concerned with price.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to Connor at Viva. He was very helpful as always. The TME will take about 4-5 weeks to get here. I really really wish I could wait that long, but do to circumstances I need something sooner. I'm really pissed the shop has put me in this position. I may just have to let them make something. Not sure I want my car there any longer than it has to be at this point.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
How does a shop just "throw" your exhaust away. LOL That's messed up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the iPd Oval Catback on my V70R 6-speed. I think it sounds great and it's not too loud. Definitely can hear it when the windows are up due to the VR. I've got 60 sq. ft of Dynamat waiting to line the entire car, which i'm excited about.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They claim it was sitting outside and their metal scrapper picked it up thinking it was trash. It was 8yrs old, but I didnt think it looked like scrap metal so I dont know. I am still angry to say the least. Haha.

·
Registered
669 Posts
You should contact 8Eight Fab: https://www.facebook.com/8eightfab/

He can make you an exhaust right away and he'll set it up whatever way you want- if you want super quiet, no problem.

I have the ipd cat-back and it's loud. I added a Vibrant resonator and I still think it's loud. My OEM exhaust rotted out from age, mileage and road salt, had no choice and needed an exhaust ASAP. 8Eight was out of commission at the time or I would have gone that route.

The key to a quiet exhaust is to have a really big resonator. Use the available space and put in the biggest resonator possible. My car doesn't drone that badly, but the stock ipd setup is LOUD and drones terribly. I don't want a loud daily driver.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You should contact 8Eight Fab: https://www.facebook.com/8eightfab/

He can make you an exhaust right away and he'll set it up whatever way you want- if you want super quiet, no problem.

I have the ipd cat-back and it's loud. I added a Vibrant resonator and I still think it's loud. My OEM exhaust rotted out from age, mileage and road salt, had no choice and needed an exhaust ASAP. 8Eight was out of commission at the time or I would have gone that route.

The key to a quiet exhaust is to have a really big resonator. Use the available space and put in the biggest resonator possible. My car doesn't drone that badly, but the stock ipd setup is LOUD and drones terribly. I don't want a loud daily driver.
As far as i know, he's only doing downpipes and has no current plans of doing any catbacks for the R again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all help/ideas guys. I'm just going to let the shop build me something. They are better fabricators than business men and have stepped up to try and make it right. So I guess I'll see how this turns out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts